There are newer employer reviews for School Improvement Network

Anonymous Complaints Deserve Anonymous Consideration

Current Employee - SPA in Midvale, UT
Current Employee - SPA in Midvale, UT

I have been working at School Improvement Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Its interesting to read all the reviews on School Improvement Network. To start let me just say to the employees posting on this website that are complaining please have the courage to step forward and to complain directly to the CEO himself. I have worked for SINET for a number of years and have always had the COURAGE to talk directly to the management team. The outcome has NEVER been bad and I can assure you that its a very open straight forward honest leadership team. I have also worked closely with the sales management team and to say that they are not qualified is naive and quite frankly ridiculous. The RVP's all come with extensive sales backgrounds and have ALL been successful. The VP of Sales was the top producing sales rep, manager, and VP of his previous company that did five times the amount of revenue that SINET does right now. The EVP came to SINET having lead sales organizations for several previous companies in the technology space and also built SINET's sales team from four sales people to eight regions and over sixty current sales people. Which means he knows how to do his job. I would love to see the background/resume of the employees complaining about the sales leadership team not being qualified. The CEO is an amazing leader with great vision and cares passionately about the employees of his company. He sacrificed everything and put his home on the line to save this company that he believes in. Now that it is one of the top companies in Utah he deserves to take his family on great vacations and to buy any car of his choice. His company is what pays the bills for over 250 employees.

Cons

It is to bad that I have co-workers that feel that they can post anonymously on a website instead of really looking at the reality of what School Improvement Network is. SINET has been for the past six years one of the fastest growing companies in Utah. It has also won top places to work for the past three years voted on by employees. The product is always getting better which means that the owners (Linton and Moore referenced earlier) are investing in the company. This year alone they have plans to release over fifty new segments, major new update to the current platform, and launch a brand new product line. On top of that bought a new building for their employees and opened a office in the Cebu so that they can invest more resources into building products.

Keep loving us employees because we love you. This is a family company with strong values and passion for what we do. Look at the reviews on this website for what they are. Employees that did not fit into the open, honest, straight forward culture. The sales leadership and the CEO of the company are generous with their time and often take calls late into the evening and very early in the morning. I know that my manager works well above 70 hours a week and so does his boss. I get emails from the Moore's at all hours of the day and on weekends which means to me they are spending many hours a week on work when they could be spending it with their families. Like one of the post said before stay the course and don't let any of your employees that are not part of the great culture change what you are building. This company has had a major impact on my life and my families life for good.

reviews filtered by

Great company, fun environment and incredible people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

I have been working at School Improvement Network full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you are looking for an environment that is fun, challenging, and exciting - SINET is for you! The people who work here are passionate and care about the cause. The leadership team is caring and truly strives towards employee success. The CEO and VP's are approachable - honest and good people!!!

Cons

Growing though some growing pains. But growth is worth it. Moving away from a small family business towards an international business.

Keep communicating the vision and hold onto the culture that made SINET what it is today.

This company is just a stepping stone for your career!

Former Employee - IT/Development in Midvale, UT
    Former Employee - IT/Development in Midvale, UT

I worked at School Improvement Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Family friendly, Hard working staff. they really try to make it a good place to work but fall short in a lot of areas.

Cons

This company is far off the competitive salary model. Managers are focused more on the money going into their pockets than the employees needs and they will do what ever it takes to make sales, this includes lying to their clients about the products they have to offer. Government grants go right into the pockets of the Lintons (once a month trips to Hawaii, Cancun and the Bahamas). Getting a paycheck on time..... good luck. I have never worked for a company that has such a messed up HR/Payroll department. What really blows my mind is School Improvement Network (SIN) works to help teachers and students improve the future, but do they offer any kind of Tuition help to their employees......NOT A CHANCE!!!! if you are familiar with the carrot on a string theory you then know how management for this company works. Are okay with making very little money and dishonesty??? then this is the perfect job for you. Leaving this company was the best thing I ever did!

For clients reading this and trying to decided if they should buy into SIN's lies.... just buy How to teach for dummies books for all of your teachers. There is more useful information in the preface then you would find in any of SIN's products.

Focus on the needs of the employees and you will get better production from every department. Sort out HR...... Three years of never knowing when my paycheck will be in the bank is ridiculous!

There are newer employer reviews for School Improvement Network