School Specialty
www.schoolspecialty.com Greenville, WI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Çontinues to struggle

I have been working at School Specialty full-time for more than 10 years

ProsÇompany continues to move into leaner structure and better stability financially. Most managers are pretty flexible about schedules and work hours.

ConsLacking raises, 401 matching etc. Could do without the furloughs, but its not current management that got us into this mess. Previous CEO didn't care about anything except his own bank account and fattening it up. New CEO is trying to fix the mess.

Improved Sales Compensation Plan

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at School Specialty full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: For a salesperson it's great to work form home. As long as you work hard and focus on doing your job you won't get much… Cons: The company has a ton of debt which prohibits much investment in the future. The focus is mostly on suvival. Also, at my part of… Advice to Senior Management: Don't focus on the transformation so much that we forget… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Mismanaged,some out of date products. stiff competition

I have been working at School Specialty full-time for more than a year

Pros: The best support was from co-workers who shared best practices.… Cons: A stagnating company. Sales staff is scapegoated for lack of direction from senior management. Solid, hard-working employees let go by this new President to fake… Advice to Senior Management: Upper management is ultra-conservative--hence their attitude to chop benefits and people just to keep themselves in stock… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on School Specialty.

Worked for School Specialty? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at School Specialty reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for School Specialty CEO James R. Henderson. All reviews posted anonymously by School Specialty employees.