SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union

www.schoolsfirstfcu.org
  www.schoolsfirstfcu.org
There are newer employer reviews for SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union

Friendly and enjoyable workplace environment with comprehensive benefits

I have been working at SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union

Pros

People are warm, friendly and care about each other. It's a nice place to work in if you aren't overly concerned with high salary and enjoy working in a medium-paced environment.

Cons

Average to below average salary. Currently the organization is in Rudy's very capable hands, but there are some uncertainties of what will happen when that changes. The current second-in-command does not have Rudy's leadership and communication skills.

I suggest Erin to learn more from Rudy on how to communicate with and inspire people. While she may be competent business-wise it takes more than that to lead this successful organization.

24 Other Employee Reviews for SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union (View Most Recent)

Pay in line with market, benefits great, focused on Member Service, not always focused on teammember needs.

I have been working at SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union

Pros

The credit union's number one focus is Member (customer) service. This has done wonders for the reputation of the organization as this focus is not just a motto, but a culture. The credit union is also dedicated to providing for the teammembers (employees). Not only is my health insurance completely free, but my spouse and child are covered at no additional cost to me. I turned down a job offer with a $7,000 pay increase because when I compared my current salary and benefits to what was being offered, I would have lost about $700 per year with the new offer.

Cons

For me, however, there is limited career growth opportunities. So I can't see myself there much longer. There also seems to be some reluctance to push back on our CEO & COO for the things we need to do our jobs more efficiently. We need better systems with which to work as well as another analysts or two. We'll never get those things if we don't push the executive level to approve a budget for them.

You're teammembers are not happy. Find out why and don't try to sooth their complaints be explaining why you don't get what is need to help them out. Instead, stand behind your employees' needs and push to get them. They are not unreasonable.

Very conservative institution that does not like change. Follow the lead, and stay out of the politics factions

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union

Pros

good benefits, stable place if you do not excel or lag behind. Go along with status quo.

Cons

Not progressive co., there are unseen factions and power brokers that can determine your career potential. Do not show too much ability or ambition that may threaten those in charge. Incompetence can be tolerated but not brilliance.

Changing of the guards may bring fresher perspective and progress. Still waters can become stagnant and breed contempt

There are newer employer reviews for SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union