Unprofessional, vindictive, nepotism

I have been working at Schryver Medical

Pros

Small environment set to grow. The owner is approachable and seems to be a reasonable family man just trying to run his business.

Cons

Uncoordinated, young, executive team. Zero leadership or accountability across the company. Rife with finger pointing and unprofessional behavior. It feels more like a high school environment then it does a professional corporation. Inefficient processes and bad customer service is resulting in a loss of business. Fear of retribution leaves employees with no outlet to try and establish change. Middle and upper management appear to be lying to the owner about the state of affairs in the company. Poor screening of new employees and nepotism without accountability results in a fairly incompetent work force. Compensation isn't competitive with little to no increases. Extremely expensive benefits.

Advice to Management

Top down leadership defining the direction of the company to all middle management. Middle and executive management should be held accountable for developing a professional environment, not a school yard gathering. Increase salaries or decrease cost of benefits, they are about five times more expensive then most.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Challenge

I have been working at Schryver Medical

Pros

Able to help grow company to new levels

Cons

No budget and little understanding of technology

2. Phlebotomist

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Schryver Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love traveling from facility to facility. My supervisor is very reasonable and cares for his staff. Love my co workers. I am very happy here

Cons

My only true complaint is driving in severe winter weather. The highway could be closed, yet we are still expected to drive.

Advice to Management

Stronger communication would benefit all employees. Less opportunity for confusion. When on call and juggling a full board of Stats from one end of the city to the other while being the only phlebotomist for the shift, a text will come in for an eta. Reading and answering said text only hinders the amount of time you have to do the Stat. If driving, this involves stopping or exiting the highway to address the text. Time consuming. I also see it as a safety issue. If dispatch or accessioning knows you are the only phlebotomist, that you have a full board, you have greenroads and must drive slowly, and it may be snowing, you may be in traffic, you may have a very hard patient to get the blood from etc...All the eta inquiry does is slow you down. Common sense