WAY to MANY HOURS!!!

Current Employee - Route Manager in Parsons, KS
Current Employee - Route Manager in Parsons, KS

Pros

Benefits aren't bad Discount on products

Cons

No attempt to have decent work Schedules. Had to be at Depot around 8 am usually quit route about 9 pm would get back to depot at 10pm do paper work and stop at bank, Finally head home about 10:30... usually at least a 14 hour day Of course your not paid for overtime.... I made like 7 an hour after working all those hours....

Advice to Management

do something to keep your people.... turnover is out of control... work split days or something no one with a wife or family can work 70 hrs a week

Other Employee Reviews for Schwan's

Avoid Working Here Unless you want the 1970s

Former Employee - Director of Marketing in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Director of Marketing in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Good Brands that have strong potential for growth and market dominance Good Employees who are dedicated to trying to do the right things

Cons

Senior Management claims to want change but really wants the same old same old Lack of senior leadership and willingness to make the tough calls necessary to move the business into the 21st century Old School Culture that values pitting employees against each other and seeing who comes out on top

Advice to Management

It's time to really do what Marvin Schwan would have wanted which is keep up with the times and offer a good value proposition to consumers. Move into the 21st century and hire outstanding talent that can deliver results and drop the cronies who don't know how to do anything other than play the political games that seem to never end.

2. Great Opportunity

Current Employee - CSM
    Current Employee - CSM

Pros

I spent 20 years as a professional food buyer as well as in management. I always said, if I ever went into sales, it would have to be with products that I had used & believed in. Schwan's was one of those companies. When I made a career change, I went with Schwan's. I enjoy the challenge & meeting people. I like addressing a customer's needs, whether it is a business or a residence. The product-line has great quality that I can be proud of. I can honestly say I haven't met anyone, within the tiers of corporate management, who failed to be supportive of employees ... know their job, offer advice,etc. The company continues to thrive, because it has a good foundation for its employees to build on. I am moving up and I love my job!

Cons

The job demands long hours, but this is true with any company if you are working sales/marketing (especially in the food industry). However, a lot of jobs demand long hours, weekends and/or holidays. If you don't believe me, ask a nurse, a cop, EMS, firemen, a chef, etc. It helps to keep things in perspective.