There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

Leadership who is in the dark.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bloomington, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Schwan's

Pros

Ability to take time off when requested. Schwan was great about allowing people to take time off when they wanted to.

Cons

Schwan has a passive-aggressive style that is prevalent. They say one thing to your face and then stab you in the back as soon as they can. Management says, "We are in this together! What can I do for you?" and the next week you're totally on your own.

Take a good look in the mirror. You are leading from within a bubble. The board needs to understand that to really excel in this market, leadership needs to be able to play against the big boys - and with such limited experience, i.e. 20+ years with only Schwan by Flack and Olsem, it just isn't there.

218 Other Employee Reviews for Schwan's (View Most Recent)

Terrible place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Marshall, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marshall, MN

I have been working at Schwan's

Pros

My boss usually lets me take time off when I need. Paychecks are reliable, with direct deposit.. There's a 401k plan.

Cons

Management is unorganized. Different departments compete for resources. Information is not shared.

Work life is very political. The decision makers have been there 20-30 years, and they do not want to try anything new. It's a good-old-boy's club.

I don't have the tools and resources to do my job. My coworkers are friendly to my face and they stab me in the back. People don't help each other.

Schwan's is going down hill in a hurry. For 20 years now, they've failed to invest profits in new equipment and technology, and now everything is old and antiquated. Rather than try to fix the problem, they're looking for someone to blame.

Schwan's is a terrible place to work.

Fire Greg Flack and bring in someone who knows how to run a food company -- someone with experience and a proven record of success. We need someone who has seen different ways of doing things. Our new CEO should evaluate senior management for effectiveness, and most of them should be fired, too.

Before it's too late (and it may already be too late), invest in new infrastructure.

I will say in the beginning good but now very dissatisfied.

I have been working at Schwan's

Pros

The pay is very competitve to other companies if you are male.

Cons

Do not offer any decent incentives to do a better job.
    No payed holidays.
    Not a very good benefits package.

They demand respect but do nothing to encourage respect. Respect is something earned not just given. Not a good place for females to work. They have tendancy to overlook females for promotion. They also do not pay females as well. Not very good communication with employees. They should at least offer some kind of holiday pay. No bonuses for drivers.

There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

Worked for Schwan's? Contribute to the Community!