We Had Our Finest Moments

I have been working at Schwan's

Pros

Lots of opportunities for those who aggressively pursue them and who are politically astute. New management has squeezed a lot of inefficiencies out of the business, and the company is producing many new products and getting them to market more quickly.

Cons

There is often unnecessary and unproductive competition, "silos," and a lack of collaboration in some areas. The business is subject to the mercy of the commodities market, and the change in customer and employee demographics. The food business is very competitive, and the company has not yet figured out a way to profitably stay of ahead of commodities, internal challenges, and the competition.

Advice to Management

Communicate, communicate, communicate.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Except for the guys and my boss, HORRIBLE!

Current Employee - Route Sales
    Current Employee - Route Sales

I have been working at Schwan's

Pros

A check. Out in the sunshine on nice days. Great networking tool to find other employment.

Cons

This is a job for the uneducated definitely. They are counting on you not to do the math and go figure this: you are away from home on average fourteen hours a day. So that means you work a minimum of a week and a half for every week worked. Add that up and I'm sure that money you make seems small when you realize compared to a regular year you have worked in hours a year and a half. Wise up. I asked the vice president what can be done to maximize efficiency or what technology can be used so we can become more profitable in our runs, he couldn't answer. Senior management is extremely untalented and have no idea that they are. They are getting huge checks working forty hours to play with your lives. I quit after one month.

Advice to Management

Fire all of the management except for a select few. Most are yuppies and have never ran a route EVER! One must know the business to effectively man manage it. Put some COLOR in your senior level management. Get some real talent from the guys who know what they are doing, THE ROUTE SALES REPS.

I find it hard to believe that a company compensates employees so poorly.

I have been working at Schwan's

Pros

benefits are at least acceptable

Cons

blow to ones self worth

Advice to Management

pay the employees a fair wage