There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

This was a very unrewarding job because of managements constant changing of policies

Former Employee - RSR/CSM  in  Woodland, CA
Former Employee - RSR/CSM in Woodland, CA

I worked at Schwan's

Pros

I was my own boss once I left the depot.
Earning potential is virtually limitless
Discount on food which is really good
Uniform provided free of charge

Cons

Very long hours which is expected
Huge inconsistency from management with regards to implementation of company objectives
Constantly hiring the wrong people
No sick leave
Company truck breaks down, you have to work on your day off
Mechanic does as little as possible to make necessary repairs
Loading of trucks is always off which can and does cost you money
Never management's fault for low sales (that is what they want you to think but they hire the goofballs constantly)
Your best is never enough

Put away your egos and collared shirts and company credit cards and lower yourself to a RSR's position and try to remember what it is to be a Schwan's route driver and the struggles and frustrations that are always there

221 Other Employee Reviews for Schwan's (View Most Recent)

Great chance for advancement

Current Employee - Territory Sales Leader  in  Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Leader in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Schwan's

Pros

People and customers. The relationships you develop

Cons

Hours and pay. No holidays. Have to work weekends

Treat your current employees better

long hours, decent pay and poor poor poor managment

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Schenectady, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Schenectady, NY

I worked at Schwan's

Pros

your customers. after you get out of the depot for the day and stop hearing every chief in the company tell you how and what your supposed to be doing, for how long and everyother generic aspect of the job and you get out and see your customers its great. I loved my customers and looked forward to seeing them every 2 weeks weather they bought from me or not.

Cons

everyone but you is an expert at what you should be doing, even if you are successful and reach all your sales goals for the week, month, quarter ect. they hired a bunch of people from outside the company that would tell you what you should be doing. they have no idea who my customers are and what my customers like and dont like. they did not know what customers i could sell new products to and who i could upsell to, but some dope with 10 minutes experience at schwans would tell me that I need to do this or that with my customers. NO IDEA...

STOP HIRING FROM OUTSIDE THE COMPANY!!! I quit because i was on my 4th depot manager who was an expert all of a sudden. A lot has changed sence Marvin Schwan started this company but the core values will never change. TAKE CARE OF THE CUSTOMER. Not go badger the customer because some flavor of the month LGM thinks he knows my customers and my route better that I do.

There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

Worked for Schwan's? Contribute to the Community!