There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

Very long hours,paycut in 2010

Former Employee - RSR-Route Sales Representative in Kilgore, TX
Former Employee - RSR-Route Sales Representative in Kilgore, TX

I worked at Schwan's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Discount on food, basic pay, bonus for salesand new customers

Cons

Very long hours, pay transformation in 2012 from salary to sales based resultedinpay cuts and a 70% turnover rate among drivers

Go back to Salary for RSR's

305 Other Employee Reviews for Schwan's (View Most Recent)

A Lot of work for the money

Current Employee - TSL in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - TSL in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Treat you like a professional manager. Expense account many meals paid for. There is room to move up, many senior management started on the bottom.

Cons

65 plus hour weeks, pay not that great. Some people get trained well, some don't. Have to wear many hats some trained well in and many others little or no training.

Tough

Current Employee - CSM in Pampa, TX
    Current Employee - CSM in Pampa, TX

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meet great customers/People 99% are friendly I consider great friends. Not just the buying customers, but the ones that do not buy often as well.

Cons

Too many hours to make great money, Unless you are comfortable badgering and begging for a sale. Too many rules for this type of sales environment (time windows, at location, customer serviced).

Lose all the hard and fast rules (Time windows, at location) these are tools that should be used as guides, not based against our pay. We know our customers, when they are home we should be able to service them, or if they are at an alternate location we should be able to service them. These issues occur more the the allotted pct. they allow. Also, practice what you preach...When they want it , where they want it, and include what they want (quit with the discontinue items lists, make them seasonal perhaps? Most of my customer signed up for internet ordering receive way too many emails from marketing..there words not mine.

There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's