Schwan's

www.theschwanfoodcompany.com
There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

A Lot of work for the money

Current Employee - TSL in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - TSL in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Treat you like a professional manager. Expense account many meals paid for. There is room to move up, many senior management started on the bottom.

Cons

65 plus hour weeks, pay not that great. Some people get trained well, some don't. Have to wear many hats some trained well in and many others little or no training.

340 Other Employee Reviews for Schwan's (View Most Recent)

Tough

Current Employee - CSM in Pampa, TX
    Current Employee - CSM in Pampa, TX

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meet great customers/People 99% are friendly I consider great friends. Not just the buying customers, but the ones that do not buy often as well.

Cons

Too many hours to make great money, Unless you are comfortable badgering and begging for a sale. Too many rules for this type of sales environment (time windows, at location, customer serviced).

Lose all the hard and fast rules (Time windows, at location) these are tools that should be used as guides, not based against our pay. We know our customers, when they are home we should be able to service them, or if they are at an alternate location we should be able to service them. These issues occur more the the allotted pct. they allow. Also, practice what you preach...When they want it , where they want it, and include what they want (quit with the discontinue items lists, make them seasonal perhaps? Most of my customer signed up for internet ordering receive way too many emails from marketing..there words not mine.

People want to get paid but not work

Current Employee - General Manager in Westfield, MA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Westfield, MA

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for schwan's for 6 years and have made the most money I have ever made in my life. Yes I work about 11 hours a day monday thru friday. I have the weekends off with my family. I worked in retail before Schwan's and worked every weekend. I would trade working my tail off monday thru friday and having the weekends off any day. The benefits are outstanding.

Cons

Work hours during the week are long

Keep making improvments to the commission and work to help new employee's make the most of this opprotunity.

There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's