Schwan's

www.theschwanfoodcompany.com
  www.theschwanfoodcompany.com
There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

Schwans has provided several opportunities for growth and has a variety of businesses to learn.

I have been working at Schwan's

Pros

Great development opportunity; diverse businesses; Flexibility

Cons

Lack of staffing; Lots of hours

314 Other Employee Reviews for Schwan's (View Most Recent)

manager

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

there are no pros with this job

Cons

work life balance, its 97% work 3% life, they work you to the bone. they promote from outside who have no idea of what we do.

time off

A struggling business model

Current Employee - RSR
    Current Employee - RSR

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Meeting some really nice people

Cons

Terrible motivational tactics. It;s a government program and what I mean is this. They put so many roadblocks in front of you that sales is sometimes impossible.. In sales you need to take as many obstacles out of the RSRs way so he can succeed. They say all the time that "it's your business" but they want to control it..

They give every excuse for terrible sales except that this is the worse economic downturn in decades. I do a town where mining is the only employer and sales is a piece of cake, however, my other says are former construction hot beds and are very depressed and sales reflect that..My Regional Sales Manager who I believe is out of California came to our depot and for 1 hour tried to motivate us while threatening to close the depot. He also mentioned that he was a college graduate and what he studied on several occasions which told me that he was insecure with his position...I have a college degree, but never need to let my customers or anyone else for that matter know..Schwans has been going down for the last decade according to the video the CEO showed a couple months ago. I would suggest they rebuild management just like any other company. Stop the juvenile tactics that have failed for the last decade and move to some young and smarter innovators that would contribute to the company..

There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's