Schwan's

www.theschwanfoodcompany.com
  www.theschwanfoodcompany.com
There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

It's a whole lot of work for not nearly enough pay!

Current Employee - Schwans RSR
Current Employee - Schwans RSR

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You will meet some really nice people in the communities you work. There is potential to make a decent living depending out how you define "decent living."

Cons

First and foremost expect to work 12-14 hours a day if you are a route driver because management surely expects it! You will have just enough time to get home maybe eat and handle a task or two get about 4-6 hours worth of sleep and then go back to it. This is your reality Monday through Friday! On average a Schwan's man really doesn't make much money especially if you average it out over the hours worked. I am going to say it and I am going to be honest about it, don't expect Schwan's to have your best interest at heart. I have seen multiple cases where Schwan's has basically used people up until they can't use them anymore and then turned their backs on them and found somebody else.

Management lie to me but don't lie to yourself. Schwan's is no longer the family business that Marvin Schwan had envisioned. Rather than move forward with more effective ways to management the business you'd rather use the employees as expendable assets because it's cheaper. I hear management talk about managing the turnover but never see anyone actually do anything about it. Life is more than just working and when the depot employee's are doing just that for 60-70 hours a week the management sits at home and collects the bounty of their efforts. Wealthy distribution needs to be address along with quality of life and work ratio.

325 Other Employee Reviews for Schwan's (View Most Recent)

Have works at Schwans full time for almost 13years.

Current Employee - RSR
    Current Employee - RSR

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

not a desk job.Have the opportunity to meet people work outside and earn an income based on how well you perform.

Cons

The hours as everybody knows are long and not really a family friendly job.The company has become much more micro managing thanks to all the new off the street upper level management.They now think a computer program is better than the human touch.Have been running food stamps days for over 10 years and now have suddenly been taken away as now we are not allowed to run our business the best way while making money for the company and ourselves.

Look and listen to the vets who have been doing this for several years.We are the ones out there on the front lines every day,not hiding behind closed doors and working 40hrs , 5 days a week.If you continue to micro manange the company will not be around when I want to retire in 10 years.

Great Family Company

Current Employee - Recruitment Administrator in Marshall, MN
    Current Employee - Recruitment Administrator in Marshall, MN

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am the third generation in my family to work at Schwans - we started in 1955 and we're still here. The business values laid out by Marvin are still strong. There is opportunity for advancement, strong leaders who care about the growth of the business and the growth of employees, great benefits, and best of all a 40% discount on the food.

Cons

In my position, none, but I recognize that many of our opportunities require a lot of hard work and dedication - but anyone truly committed to success can find it at Schwan

There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's