Schwan's

There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

Great Family Company

Current Employee - Recruitment Administrator in Marshall, MN
Current Employee - Recruitment Administrator in Marshall, MN

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am the third generation in my family to work at Schwans - we started in 1955 and we're still here. The business values laid out by Marvin are still strong. There is opportunity for advancement, strong leaders who care about the growth of the business and the growth of employees, great benefits, and best of all a 40% discount on the food.

Cons

In my position, none, but I recognize that many of our opportunities require a lot of hard work and dedication - but anyone truly committed to success can find it at Schwan

321 Other Employee Reviews for Schwan's (View Most Recent)

No longer a Rural Friendly Company

Current Employee - Schwans RSR
    Current Employee - Schwans RSR

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Health Insurance... until Obamacare ruins it.

Cons

Good paying routes are not what you will get as a new hire. In an urban area, you may be able to get up to speed with some hustle, but if you have 250+ drive mi routes on rural dirt roads, forget it. You will either be hammered for failing to service all customers on your route, &/or hammered by DOT for failing to meet their irrational expectations.

Get out of Marshal and ride with RSRs on long, deep-rural routes for a while. You will shortly see that Performance Metrics that work for Urban/Suburban areas kill Rural drivers. It's why you have such horrendous turnover on those routes. Get out of the Urban mindset, or out of the Rural Market.

Schwan's Home Service is a top-notch, customer centric organization.

I worked at Schwan's full-time

Pros

Employee engagement, flexible work environment, commitment to excellence and resources allocated to drive success.

Cons

Can't stress enough the importance of networking, networking and more networking with people lateral to yourself in leadership roles as well as equally if not more so with all persons in roles senior to yourself. This certainly helps with ensuring your relevance in the organization and the value-add you are attempting to deliver each day.

NA.