Schwan's

There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

Food Scientist-R&D corporate

Current Employee - Food Scientist in Marshall, MN
Current Employee - Food Scientist in Marshall, MN

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very good R&D team, very helpful colleagues. For Schwans, Helping one other is the theory to succeed. Good compensation and benefits, good time off. Your good work is recognized, encouraged and rewarded here. This is my 5th Job and so far the best Food company I have ever worked for!!! I am glad to work for schwans. Good management and bosses are ready to help you when you are stuck or you have roadblocks in projects. Overall Great company to work for!!! GREAT VISION AND GREAT VALUES!!! Supports Healthy Quality Frozen food over profit.

Cons

Every company needs improvement, no company is 100%. Sometimes work load is high but overall less stress annually.

Techs enjoy working here, need better organization as far as utilization of techs is concerned.

341 Other Employee Reviews for Schwan's (View Most Recent)

Changing with no direction

Current Employee - ASM in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - ASM in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Alfred Schwan has a vision. Take care of your people and your people will take care of you.
    What is left of that dream is all we are hanging on to. The company now is so far away from that dream.

Cons

Schwans will rather bring somebody from the outside and pay them more than promote from within, and offer the same pay given to an outsider. It pays to leave schwans and come back 6 months later and you will be paid more than if you were by chance, promoted from within

We are yet to see a success story about third party. Acosta has been a failure.The success of 3 major account and the failure of 15 small accounts is not a good story, when the volume sale from the small accounts combine surpasses the 3 major accounts. Another mess is Driveline. We are loosing established relationship built over the years because of gross inefficiency and negligence of the Driveline people. They don't know our business. The ownership is not there and will never be there for them.

Amazing

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Schwan's as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

It is defiantly a large company with a small company feel. During my internship I became a member of the food service "family". I had so much fun an got to experience many things that you don't experience in a regular internship. I met and spoke with our CEO and CHRO extensively. I believe I made some great connections and some good friends. The college recruiters were very receptive of ideas to make the program better.

Cons

I would have liked more free ice cream (because it is that good) and maybe more group lunches.

There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's