There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

Changing with no direction

Current Employee - ASM in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - ASM in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Alfred Schwan has a vision. Take care of your people and your people will take care of you.
What is left of that dream is all we are hanging on to. The company now is so far away from that dream.

Cons

Schwans will rather bring somebody from the outside and pay them more than promote from within, and offer the same pay given to an outsider. It pays to leave schwans and come back 6 months later and you will be paid more than if you were by chance, promoted from within

We are yet to see a success story about third party. Acosta has been a failure.The success of 3 major account and the failure of 15 small accounts is not a good story, when the volume sale from the small accounts combine surpasses the 3 major accounts. Another mess is Driveline. We are loosing established relationship built over the years because of gross inefficiency and negligence of the Driveline people. They don't know our business. The ownership is not there and will never be there for them.

reviews filtered by

RSR

Former Employee - RSR in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - RSR in Rochester, NY

I worked at Schwan's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

working out on your own

Cons

They keep changing your pay. They say it will help you make more money, but really you end up making less.

Close the door, stop lying to the people out there doing the work.

Amazing

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Bloomington, MN
    Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Schwan's as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

It is defiantly a large company with a small company feel. During my internship I became a member of the food service "family". I had so much fun an got to experience many things that you don't experience in a regular internship. I met and spoke with our CEO and CHRO extensively. I believe I made some great connections and some good friends. The college recruiters were very receptive of ideas to make the program better.

Cons

I would have liked more free ice cream (because it is that good) and maybe more group lunches.

There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's