There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

Administrative

I worked at Schwan's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some very talented people at this company

Cons

New CEO - too soon to tell

Get rid of BU silos

reviews filtered by

Stay away

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most customers are great, get to be out and about working alone with little direct supervision. Good products.

Cons

Corporate management wants to micromanage everyone. 3 different pay plans in last 2 years, none really for the "better". 50$ guarantee plus 1% commission until sales top 900 for the day. Company only looks for new customers thru word of mouth referrals, or by salesman knocking doors. No advertising support, except some online ads. Out of date equipment, software, policies. Company refuses to accept or acknowledge when new things don't work, but instead continues to try and force them upon everyone. Depot management hired from outside of the company with no knowledge of our actual job or products. 10-14 hour days everyday, and company expects you to account for every single minute of it.

Get out of your offices, and get into the real world. Spend a few days per month on a truck with the RSRs, and not just the "best of the best," so you will see what really goes on. Better pay for the hours required, better work life balance, promote up from within so management really knows the job and people and products. Work at changing how current employees feel about their careers, we are the face of your company.

2. Hard work can pay off

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can make money benefits are good

Cons

BE prepared to work 12-14 hours a day otherwise you will not make money!

I think upper management need to get off there conference calls and run some routes because they can see what these hard working drivers go through. Also make routes more manageable. I cannot understand why drivers are in other drivers routes.

There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's