There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!

Former Employee - General Manager
Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Schwan's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Customers are nice that's about it!!!!

Cons

Pay is awful, hours are awful, you are treated like a dog and you can not trust anyone....If you read everyone's reviews they basically all say the same thing. Why the hell would you want to work here??? always hiring. Interviews would consist of taking a mirror sticking it under a candidates nose and if there is air coming out he or she passed the 1st part of interview. 2nd part would be are you ok with never being at home, not having dinner with your family and finally can you work 60-75hrs a week at minimum wage. If they answered yes to all parts they were hired. So if you are looking for job and you interview at schwans sorry guys/gals if you have a pulse you have a 75% chance of getting the job.

Advice to Management

outdated business model. another new CEO?? What does it tell you over the past 5 years to have 3 CEO'S.I actually feel bad for the new CEO. He has hands full!!!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Food Scientist-R&D corporate

Current Employee - Food Scientist in Marshall, MN
    Current Employee - Food Scientist in Marshall, MN

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good R&D team, very helpful colleagues. For Schwans, Helping one other is the theory to succeed. Good compensation and benefits, good time off. Your good work is recognized, encouraged and rewarded here. This is my 5th Job and so far the best Food company I have ever worked for!!! I am glad to work for schwans. Good management and bosses are ready to help you when you are stuck or you have roadblocks in projects. Overall Great company to work for!!! GREAT VISION AND GREAT VALUES!!! Supports Healthy Quality Frozen food over profit.

Cons

Every company needs improvement, no company is 100%. Sometimes work load is high but overall less stress annually.

Advice to Management

Techs enjoy working here, need better organization as far as utilization of techs is concerned.

Changing with no direction

Current Employee - ASM in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - ASM in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Alfred Schwan has a vision. Take care of your people and your people will take care of you.
    What is left of that dream is all we are hanging on to. The company now is so far away from that dream.

Cons

Schwans will rather bring somebody from the outside and pay them more than promote from within, and offer the same pay given to an outsider. It pays to leave schwans and come back 6 months later and you will be paid more than if you were by chance, promoted from within

Advice to Management

We are yet to see a success story about third party. Acosta has been a failure.The success of 3 major account and the failure of 15 small accounts is not a good story, when the volume sale from the small accounts combine surpasses the 3 major accounts. Another mess is Driveline. We are loosing established relationship built over the years because of gross inefficiency and negligence of the Driveline people. They don't know our business. The ownership is not there and will never be there for them.