Schwan's
www.theschwanfoodcompany.com Marshall, MN 5000+ Employees

Unrealistic Expectations and Poor Management

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsThere is a pretty hefty discount on the food, which is good. Management is also very hands off while actually out in the field, and reasonable tools are provided to help boost sales. Fairly decent insurance and 401(k)

ConsAs of right now, RSR expectations are ridiculous. You are lucky if you can get by with an 11.5 hour day (my longest day pushes 14 hours). If you are sick or there is an emergency, you are required to make that day up on your day off. Sick days are non existent, vacation days are a joke compared to the amount of hours that you put in. Vertical advancement is non existent (there are only 2 real positions past RSR).

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that many of the drivers that are making the company all of the money actually have lives outside of the truck. No door-to-door salesman should ever be expected to knock on someones door at 9 o'clock at night.

Fantastic Company!

Human Resources (Current Employee)
    Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Schwan's full-time for less than a year

Pros: Dynamic organization, cares about its people, good work/life balance, fun… Cons: None really. We are working out a lot of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Over worked, under paid.

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Benton, AR

I have been working at Schwan's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Benefits, Once you leave the depot in the morning you… Cons: Remember that comment about not being watched over? Scratch that. you have a GPS. They know where you are, how long you were there. No… Advice to Senior Management: Enough with the contests already. One big one a year is enough. Let us build our routes the way we see fit. Let us have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Schwan's.

Worked for Schwan's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schwan's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Schwan's CEO Dimitrios Smyrnios. All reviews posted anonymously by Schwan's employees.