There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

Positive

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Schwan's full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great size company- not too big, not too small. Good people working in the field. Solid products and getting better. Good benefits also.

Cons

Pay could be better for the amount of work, but that's the life of commission sales. Also limited growth opportunities within the company.

218 Other Employee Reviews for Schwan's (View Most Recent)

Up and Down

I worked at Schwan's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good first job out of fast food or grocery store employment. Must be single and have no family attachment. You will learn how to be used and not appreciated. Good to build character to move on to employment that will be challenging and rewarded properly. Schwans gave me something at a time in my life when I was down and out. I worked hard and for a time felt rewarded. But the company has very little character as a whole. There are very good people in small corners. Its a shame that the great leaders of the company have passed on. It's now just a shell of what it used to be. It will always be long hours and hard work which was never a problem for me. It's just that when you hear, after being there over four years and leading the depot in sales for three of those years, "you are not even a blip on Schwans radar", from the manager, you realize its time to move on.

Cons

The company changes your pay whenever they feel like it, so you can never be assured of anything. When they do this they give reasons only a moron would believe. Always about the customer in a way that the company would have you believe its your fault the situation is as dire as it is. In the hands of the right management team, is the only way you have any chance for success. This may all sound like sour grapes, some of it is, but it is more truth than anyone should find out for themselves. I only took the time because Glassdoor pops up in my email. It upsets me when I see a possible fake post from some manager at Schwans saying how great the company is. For most it is not. That is a fact. You will make 30 grand a year if your lucky and work 50-60 hours a week. I didn't, but i was not the norm.

I know its a difficult business climate, but be a little more honest with your employees. Don't assume they have an intelligence level of a dog. No offense to dogs because they are typically treated with more care.

route sales representative

Current Employee - RSR  in  Billings, MT
    Current Employee - RSR in Billings, MT

I have been working at Schwan's full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

work with some real good hardworking people, have a great boss who care about us,
    get to know a lot of good people,

Cons

This used to be a great job, now it has become a struggle to go to work with a good attitude. I have worked for this company for 15 years and made chairman's club for 13 of them. Corporate now micro-manages everything and they have no clue what is going on at the ground level, I could probably get fired for writing this because it is against company policy for us to write or say anything derogatory about the company, but I believe that is against freedom of speech, I have already been reprimanded by upper-management for speaking my mind. This company is going down hill fast, and I expect it will be going up in flames soon.

Look at this company's past, it used to be a great company. You are so caught up with pushing everyone to on-line ordering and getting everyone's e-mail address that you are alienating our customers by this. let us RSR,s get back to doing our job and then maybe this company can be saved.

There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

Worked for Schwan's? Contribute to the Community!