Schwan's

Always Looking For A New JOB

Current Employee - Sales Manager
Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Schwan's

Pros

The best part is the people that you meet on a regular basis, most of them are great. You are pretty much your own boss while your out on the truck all day, and the pay is not bad.

Cons

The biggest down fall is the hours that we work, no less than 12 but no more than 14 and yes that is 5 days a week, there is not much room for advancment either.

I wish they would go back to the dual routes that we had when i first started, which worked out to 8 to 10 hours a day, which was great for just about everybody.

323 Other Employee Reviews for Schwan's (View Most Recent)

poor place to work

I have been working at Schwan's

Pros

The benefits are not bad and you get a company match for 401k

Cons

low pay for the 70 - 80 hours a week you put in. if you take time off it is held aginst you. poor leadership from depot manager. if you ask for help you may get it you may not. poor training for new hires. poor work enviroment. poor treatment of employees. no paid holidays to have christmas off you have to work the saturday and sunday before or after same with thanksgiving

treat your employess better

Can't wait for a new job to open!

Current Employee - Route Salesman CSM
    Current Employee - Route Salesman CSM

I have been working at Schwan's

Pros

I enjoy working with the customers on the route system because I am a people person. I like my 4 day week if only ever week was 4 days.

Cons

You work 12 to 15 hour days for about $12.00 a hour plus a very small commission. You really have no time off unless you make it up on another day which would be your normal day off. It is a very difficult to have a good family life. You will leave when the kids are going to school and get home when they are in bed. If you have a wife let her know she will be running the house without you.

Please remember it is the route salesman that earn you an income. you really need to go back to the basics, taking care of the customers you have, building new customers and more and more new customers. Take the 1 dollar fee off like you said you would when fuel prices dropped keep your word to the consumer. stop doing 5 promos a month and go back to the monthly pizza contest or chicken contests. Hire some builders so you stop the leaking pipe customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's