Schwan's
www.theschwanfoodcompany.com Marshall, MN 5000+ Employees

POOR PAY PLAN

DO NOT WORK for SCHWANS (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsWhen you first start out you get to go to a special training class 40HRS. You get to eat SCHWANS products and the food is great. You are guaranteed $750 a week for a set period of time and overtime for extra days worked. But when you go on full commission forget it, SEE BELOW>

ConsNot one route at my depot was making any kind of Chairman club dollars! Thats the top maybe 1% of routes in ILLINOIS. The guys that have those routes are pretty much rural where there is no shopping for people. Because SCHWANS prices are kinda high people look for value deals. No onin my depot has ever been a success and they just keep revolving the door for new suckers. You will not be able to make the numbers they put out there. This place sucks so run away......

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the times,your company sucks for employees. You treat them like dogs 60 hrs a week on avg. Mgrs dont do $@%#, they just send you out and are there when u get back if your lucky. Your company sux. Undercover boss would have a field day with this s#$@#y company.

Schwan's a place where people like to work???? Upper Management gets rid of long tenure Management Employees.

Location General Manager (Former Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Schwan's

Pros: The pay and benefits is fair and for Management good.… Cons: Long hours 12 - 14 hours for Route Drivers, a Minimum of 12 is Mandatory. Longer hours for Location General Managers 70 to 80 hours… Advice to Senior Management: Try caring about and listening to your employees cares and concerns. Vice Presidents of Sales go out in the field to Depots and try treating… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Schwan's, come work for us and give up your family

Customer Service Manager (Current Employee)
    Rolla, MO

I have been working at Schwan's

Pros: No two days are alike, developing relationships with your customers, The… Cons: If you have a family, schwan's encourages you to to not be any where near them, 70+ hours a week at the minimum is only… Advice to Senior Management: Do you realize that your driving your CSM's to unionize? Your ever increasing hour requirements on top of your inability to create any amount… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Schwan's.

Worked for Schwan's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schwan's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Schwan's CEO Dimitrios Smyrnios. All reviews posted anonymously by Schwan's employees.