There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

Good place to work, but too many strategy changes

Former Employee - Analyst
Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Schwan's

Pros

Great colleagues, everyone looks out for each other
Work/Life balance
Many rewards for employees

Cons

Politics
Not many women in high positions
Lack of direction and too many changes, I had 3 managers in under a year

Offer more opportunities for lower-level workers to grow

218 Other Employee Reviews for Schwan's (View Most Recent)

Long Days

Former Employee - Route Manager
    Former Employee - Route Manager

I worked at Schwan's

Pros

You can almost always get a job here if you absolutely need one. They mean well and push you for your own good.

Cons

The hours are brutal, and you will often encounter other drivers on your route because there are no territories. You could be knocking on a door while a colleague is knocking next door--so it's very inefficient.

To truly support drivers you need to offer territories, and not compete against them by sending BDS teams out that will turn over new leads to green recruits,

No life outside of work.

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager

I have been working at Schwan's

Pros

Great customer service experience. Great Benefits package. Getting to know and build relationships with the customers is great.

Cons

Way to much is expected of the CSM. We work 12 hours a day 5 days a week, and than if we don't hit all four aspects of our sales plans, we are expected to give up our Saturdays, at little notice to our families, and go out and try to hit our plans. They have the motto that Saturdays are "always voluntary," but I have tried to say no before and my job was put in jeopardy. Employees are treated like numbers, and they want us to treat our customers that way as well. We provide a service, and customers have a right to say no to the service on a given day, that is their choice. But believe me when I tell you that they expect you to try to get every customer to buy every time. I have enjoyed the things I learned in my time at Schwan's. It was not all negative, but I need to be able to have a life outside of work, and that is not an option with Schwan's. WORK HERE IF YOU WANT. But consider this your warning...Your family will never see you.

Give us a break...We are the lifeblood of the company. We are the face of Schwan's. We work extremely hard to portray Schwan's in a positive light. We are asked to give up any time with our family. We can't be sick, because if we are, we have to make it up on the weekend. We can't take vacation, because there is never any extra body's to cover it. We don't get any holidays with our families. And when we balk at the idea of working Saturday, because we have prior engagements, our jobs are placed in jeopardy. Just start rethinking what you are asking of us. There are other companies on the Service/Sales fields that work 4 day weeks, and take holidays off. Schwan's could make it happen if they were willing to bring things in to the 21st century. These are not caveman days anymore.

There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

Worked for Schwan's? Contribute to the Community!