Schwan's

Inreresting

Current Employee - Route Manager in El Paso, TX
Current Employee - Route Manager in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Schwan's

Pros

service,customer, benefits and trucks call center helping customers orders.

Cons

Hours, management, and co-workers not used to comission

better training, on products for customers and better technology

326 Other Employee Reviews for Schwan's (View Most Recent)

Simply a Terrible Place to Work

Current Employee - CSM in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - CSM in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Schwan's

Pros

Decent benefits and it's a paycheck FOR NOW.

Cons

The pay structure just changed to a heavy commission base, usually wouldn't be bad except that the first tier is 1%, next to nothing+50.00 for showing up and if your lucky enough to hit your time windows you may get an additional 50.00.
    Some current CSM's (route drivers) are making 38,000 per year salary. When the new pay scale is implemented, these same CSM's(route drivers) will have to sell $1,100.00 per day to maintain their current salary. Problem is most routes in the company do not currently earn anywhere near that in sales. We are looking at a $6,000.00 pay reduction per year. Now if your a CSM and mandated to work Saturday you will only make 50.00 plus commission!!!
     Ask any driver that is a CSM making 38k salary what they are going to do when the new pay gets here. That's right, we are job searching already and our customers will face yet another new route driver, great way to lose business.

We can't even take a part time job to offset our losses because we don't have time working from 9am-9pm and later on quite a few days.

Schwan's be prepared to start a huge roll-over in employees and you are going to start losing customers again- can you afford this?

Buy a CLUE! Leave the pay structure alone or make it better not worse! The people not assigned to routes will make more money than people who are.
    Forget the (Time Window) incentive and up the base scale so current drivers don't lose money.
    I have over doubled my routes sales from when I took it over and this is my reward!

satisface

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Schwan's

Pros

the food discount is ok.i get a steady paycheck,also get the weekends off.exelent quality food

Cons

alot of times the work is not spred fearly for everyone.u got a small crew and just a couple guys staying busy while the other ones spend too much time doing stuff that has nothing to do with the job they sing up for to do.and they get away with it becouse managment is never around to keep people busy and actually get some production done

hire better qualify people to manage a crew and make the work enviorment better for evertbody that works there

There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's