Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.

www.selinc.com
  www.selinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.

Good place to work if you like to live in a small town

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer  in  Pullman, WA
Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Pullman, WA

I have been working at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.

Pros

Good management. The company operation is very transparent and it is 100% employee owned company. The Eesop benefits are lucrative. It is good place to learn from work and also there is also chance for to continue your education if you are interested

Cons

You are placed in pullman. It is a small university town which has only limited things to offer. The nearby city is spokane which is one and hour drive and seattle is 5hr drive. Weather wise it snows quite a bit during winter, but it is not really bad.

I think the salary offered is not comparative with similar jobs in other leading companies.

83 Other Employee Reviews for Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (View Most Recent)

Great place to work. They cater to your schedule and are some really smart people.

Current Employee - Software Development Intern  in  Pullman, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Intern in Pullman, WA

I have been working at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.

Pros

- Amazingly smart people
    - Their sense of community is great. Love the Friday lunches.
    - My team was a great learning experience, taught me A LOT about software development.

Cons

- As an intern I had numerous conflicts with their payroll staff. Nothing I got upset about but it was just kind of annoying.

They focus a lot on hardware, which is the companies bread and butter, but they should branch out into more software packages to get more customers invested.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.

Pros

Granted, I worked in a smaller engineering branch but the internal office communication is one of the best I have seen. As an employee owned company, everyone has a stake in the company, so responsibility is distributed everywhere (including upper management). A lot of room to grow as an entry-level engineer. Flexible hours.

Cons

Pay was a little on the low side but that is to be expected when working with the power indsutry

Great job in staying close to the employees. Reinforces the fact that everyone is working towards the betterment of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.

Worked for Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!