Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
www.selinc.com Pullman, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Very high growth

Pullman, WA

Pros-Great chance to move up. Even from a Assembler.
-Company cares a lot about the employees
-You work hard you will be happy with yourself. You don't work hard and life at the company will be very short
-Friday Lunch is very awesome. Some people complain about the food but I'm not picky, I think its always a excellent thing to do.
-Growing extremely quickly which gives lots of opportunity's for employees to move up.

Cons-Pay is not very competitive. A lot of the positions you move up to don't have much difference in pay scale from the floor, at least not for a long while.
-Growing too fast. Everyone can see it. The company can't keep up with the demand its setting for itself. Often the company will agree to commitments before actually going over them with the Engineers and staff that has to work on it. This can add a lot of stress, but generally people are pretty nice about it and very professional.

Advice to Senior Management-Consider raising salary's for hourly employees. As a hourly employee I feel like I am not compensated enough for the amount of work and the difficulty of the work I do.

High paced place to work with lots of motivated people.

Lead Power Engineer (Current Employee)
    Pullman, WA

I have been working at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great focus on customer service, and being innovative. The CEO is a great leader, as are most of those in senior management. They… Cons: Can be demanding at times. Some times project deadlines… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Passion for Quality

Lead Hardware Engineer (Current Employee)
    Pullman, WA

I have been working at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros: Intense focus on product quality. Very through design reviews. Team is confident and engaged with a bit of good natured rivalry. … Cons: Need to step up the investment in new test tools. Advice to Senior Management: Grow the organization at all levels outside of Pullman Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc..

Worked for Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. CEO Edmund O Schweitzer III. All reviews posted anonymously by Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. employees.