Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.

www.selinc.com

Very stable & innovative company

Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pullman, WA

ProsOpportunity to develop skills in a wide range of technologies. It's a growing company that still has a lot of the fun benefits of a smaller company. Development teams are small. Ownership of your work is expected.

ConsIt's in a small town with two major universities nearby. There is a lot of turnover in the entry level positions because some people want to live in a metro area. I hate traffic, so it's great for me. Salaries are slowly catching up with industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementResearch and Development needs a major movement to "get back to our roots". Independent groups have too much freedom in their development processes.

Great company to work for.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pullman, WA

I have been working at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros: Work-life balance, friendly coworkers , emphasis on learning. Cons: Salary would be the only negative. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not That Great Place To Work

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) Pullman, WA

I worked at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Advancement opportunities as those above you burn out. Great benefits like tuition reimbursement (but only… Cons: Crushing amount of overtime -- absolutely expected to work evenings and weekends at the office and from home. Overtime culturally expected and literally encouraged by… Advice to Senior Management: Great place to work survey results are worse every year for a reason. It gets worse every year. Do not make routine overtime an expectation. Hire… More
There are newer reviews on Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc..

Worked for Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!