SciMetrika

www.scimetrika.com
  www.scimetrika.com
There are newer employer reviews for SciMetrika

Grateful to be a contractor with SciMetrika

Current Employee - Program Administrative Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Program Administrative Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SciMetrika full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been a contractor for the federal government for more than 20 years working for six different companies both large (Lockheed Martin) and small. SciMetrika has been my employer for 3 years. I am fortunate to work in Atlanta where SciMetrika has a satellite office within 5 miles from my work location. Without hesitation I can say that SciMetrika’s local Atlanta staff is always there for me when customer interaction is needed, is always pro-active and keeps me informed with company updates. The local staff works hard to keep many contractors located around the city connected by sponsoring company socials, community volunteer events and hosting regular company meetings. I am grateful for the opportunity to work for a company that respects each employee. Jean Orelien , the president and CEO of the company, is a caring individual who works hard to keep everyone motivated to perform at their best. Regular virtual meetings keep me up-to-date on company news and happenings. I could not be happier!

Cons

After working for multiple contracting companies, it is a joy to work with a professional staff that I can rely on. What’s not to like?

Keep up the good work.

12 Other Employee Reviews for SciMetrika (View Most Recent)

working here is a great experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I have been working at SciMetrika full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The "SciMetrika family" is an excellent group of people. They are friendly and professional. I don't know a single coworker who doesn't care about his or her work. Someone already mentioned the benefits (and free snacks), but I'd also like to point out that everyone has their own office (except for one person whose job function prevents it).

My management has encouraged my professional growth and development, and they have always allowed me flexibility and respected my work/life balance.

Cons

The CEO will be the first to tell you the company isn't perfect, but it's also clear he will always work to make it better. Prospective employees might also be interested to know he has an open door policy, a point which the other reviewers seem to have overlooked.

I have a pretty good idea what the other reviewers were referencing in the vast majority of their complaints, and none of them merit the vitriol expressed here. Furthermore, many inaccurately portray problems that existed only on specific teams as if they were applicable to the entire company. Regardless, improvements have since been made.

However, I will say that the Durham vs RTP issue should be confirmed and resolved. If it is inaccurate, it must be by a block or so, but that's no excuse. If you're a client or potential hire, I'm sure everyone here would be happy to provide you with directions. I'm not the best at giving directions, so if you happen to reach me, I will just open up Google maps and read them to you. It manages both versions of the address fine.

I have heard concerns about senior management before. They are exaggerated here (to put it rather mildly), but at minimum you actually do have a perception issue that needs to be addressed.

Management of employees disappointing

Former Employee - Assistant in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant in Durham, NC

I worked at SciMetrika as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The headquarters is in a central location and they try to do a little something to boost employee moral, but not enough. Benefits are okay, but could use some improvements to attract the best employees.

Cons

Increase turnover in HR personnel. In my hiring process, I started out with two different HR representatives, by the time I was hired, that personnel had left the company. Not enough training for new employees. Stagnant employee advancement opportunities and distrust in management.

Key management personnel lack the skills to lead people effectively. The crop of management staff needs to be replaced with personnel who are people oriented, team players and work with their teams to ensure that everybody does their fare share to achieve desired results. Some management personnel manipulate employees are dishonest with clients and hide behind their title. They are very critical of their staff and unprofessional. Management just needs some serious changes to make the company's status improve from what employees think of how they currently
     handle things.