There are newer employer reviews for SciQuest

Not a fun place to work if you're in the wrong department.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I worked at SciQuest

Pros

I made some good friends while at SciQuest and keep in touch with them to this day. It's become customary for myself and other former employees to share a drink with then current employees who finally escape SciQuest.

Cons

Not enough allotment of words in this field to begin to enumerate, I think the negative reviews submitted by other current/former employees sum things up nicely. There's a new recruitment video available on the careers page at SciQuest, from someone in the know, please don't even sip the kool-aid. Run, don't walk away from open opportunities at SciQuest.

Advice to Management

The weaker half/clique of the executive team should stop cowering to the stronger half. They simply have no spine to back and support the best interests of their respective departments and the employees they represent..

reviews filtered by

Horrible

Former Employee - Account Surpervisor in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Account Surpervisor in Raleigh, NC

I worked at SciQuest

Pros

Nice people but not fast paced or up-to-date

Cons

Not an interesting place to work

Advice to Management

You need to hire people that are more excited and innovative. People need to feel inspired. I think that this could be a good company with the right leadership

The people that have been there for a while are layed back

Current Employee - Software Developer in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Cary, NC

I have been working at SciQuest

Pros

They have great benefits, free soda and coffee and beer friday. The culture is fairly laid back as well. A lot of the development staff have been there for a long time and are good people.

Cons

There really isn't anywhere to go in development. There are only so many spots. Also their technology is aging a bit, although it does work.

Advice to Management

It's probably time to begin reinvesting in development. Technologies are aging. Maybe send some people to conferences, or allow more people to work on thinking projects, other than the architects.

There are newer employer reviews for SciQuest