SciQuest

www.sciquest.com
  www.sciquest.com
There are newer employer reviews for SciQuest

Neutral

I have been working at SciQuest full-time

Pros

Good people to work with, free gym membership, pretty good health benefits

Cons

Managers spend most of their time in meetings. No real career opportunities. Negotiate your salary well before you start, there is little opportunity to increase it later. HR and policies are antiquated for a software company. Executives are completely out of touch.

Ask people what they think and respond. Clean house a little at the top.

80 Other Employee Reviews for SciQuest (View Most Recent)

Couldn't be happier here...

I have been working at SciQuest full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work/life balance in my department; creative, passionate and motivated employees; thriving company that is continually hiring; innovative products; excellent benefits (hockey tickets, baseball tickets, beer Fridays) loyal customers; annual customer user conference continues to grow year after year. If you have a strong work ethic, and enjoy playing a role in the growth of a successful company, you will be happy here.

Cons

With two acquisitions in the last year, there are challenges with integrating remote offices and products, but it's not impossible.

Lots of positive management changes in recent months; keep moving forward with integrating products and recently-acquired companies.

Great Company? Don't fool yourself.

I worked at SciQuest (more than an year)

Pros

Beer Friday, Tickets to Durham Bulls/Hurricanes, relaxed dress code

Cons

Turnover is high, mean/unprofessional coworkers around every corner, overwhelming pressure to meet unrealistic deadlines, no opportunity for career advancement.

Work on your management skills and most of your issues will resolve themselves. After all, people tend not to quit companies, they quit managers. For some reason, leadership finds it acceptable to have managers who are unapproachable, who attend meetings with arms crossed, and are two-faced. My direct manager spoke to me three times in nearly two years. Instead, he wanted me to go to a coworker for issues. Who does that??

By the way, if there aren't employment issues, why is the HR/Recruiting department so large?

There are newer employer reviews for SciQuest