There are newer employer reviews for ScienceLogic

Great product and culture.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Reston, VA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Reston, VA

I worked at ScienceLogic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work was incredibly interesting, and it was very satisfying to see my efforts help our customers. Healthcare benefits were superb.

Cons

Too many death marches and compensation was well below what other companies in the area were paying for similar skillsets.

reviews filtered by
  1. This is a company of bright, energetic people working on a single product with a broad vision.

Current Employee - Senior Software Architect in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Architect in Reston, VA

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is small enough that everything is personal. Your work and your working environment can be according to your preferences (in line with the company goals). As an engineer, I am free to use the tools and personal workflows that best suit my preferences and style and make my work most efficient. I get to choose my desktop/laptop hardware and operating system. I can choose my development tools. I get to work with other smart and motivated people on a daily basis.

Cons

The company is not quite big enough that individual customers and sales deals don't effect ongoing and long-term engineering and operations work.

Keep looking for and finding top-tier talent.

2. An excellent, growing company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at ScienceLogic for about a year now, and I have greatly enjoyed the experience so far. The biggest change between my current position and the last company I worked for is how much the company is growing. We have added a large number of people over the past few years, and expect to continue to expand over the coming year as well.

There are also plenty of pending projects with customer demand, so I appreciate being able work in many different areas, and not being stuck on a particular piece of technology.

Everyone in the company has been very approachable and willing to help me as I have come on board - from senior engineers all the way up to the CEO. The environment is professional, but flexible. Benefits were a step up from my previous job, which certainly helped.

Cons

Adding a large number of people into an organization does lead to some growing pains, so the development processes are continuing to evolve to fit the new organizational structures. But that is a pro as well, since we all have input into what those changes should be.

The main con is an area which is largely outside of the control of the company - the traffic around Reston/DC. You must plan your travel into/out of the office carefully, or be prepared to sit and wait.

There are newer employer reviews for ScienceLogic