Scientific Games

over it

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Scientific Games

Pros

it was an okay job nothing too spectacular but had a lot of good benefits that came along with the job.

Cons

It was a headache dealing with the staff and management a few times. They just didnt get the idea of what we where supposed to accomplish.

get a life. and stop pusing your ideals on other people that make no sense. This is 2009 for peets sake.

44 Other Employee Reviews for Scientific Games (View Most Recent)

Great place to work. Not perfect, but I had a great experience.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Scientific Games

Pros

Nice management in Alpharetta. Great compensation. Lots going on. Has operations in pretty much every type of gaming. I loved the people.

Cons

The management in NY is risk-averse, and this stifles innovation. The company is maintaining too many systems due to acquisitions and long-term contracts, so this provides a second strike in terms of new types of content.

Don't be afraid to take more risks. All of your product lines are in declining industries, and you need fresh models to stay viable. If you are in the New York office, you should spend much more time in Alpharetta.

Proceed with caution

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Scientific Games

Pros

compensation, ability to work with new technology - SG is very open to the use of developing technology. Although training is seldom part of the equation - it's normally "trial by fire".

Cons

benefits, lack of career path, very little internal promotion. Health insurance is not much better than zero health insurance - and just about as expensive. There are no defined career paths - and internal promotion is more a function of who, not what, you know. It's a constant struggle to make sure you are recognized and compensated fairly for what you do.

realize that employees are not just a commodity - better benefits, better internal communication. Stock price is not the only measure of our success.

There are newer employer reviews for Scientific Games