There are newer employer reviews for Scientific Learning

Mixed bag

I have been working at Scientific Learning full-time

Pros

"Nice" co-workers; minimal office politics

Easy commute in downtown Oakland - very close to 12st St. BART

Interesting products that benefit kids - products are really very effective, despite a few high profile studies to the contrary. Those of us who work there know this through personal experience, and most, if not all, of the employees with kids have their kids use one or more of the products. This alone can be a huge benefit for someone who has a child with learning challenges, especially based in reading.

Cons

Company seems to be perpetually struggling to find its way in the market

12st St. BART location is very convenient, but can be a hotspot at times - location of former Occupy Oakland protests, many other protests due to proximity to Oakland City Hall, and generally not the safest neighborhood.

reviews filtered by
  1. I get tremendous job satisfaction working for Scientific Learning, we have an amazing product that helps children.

I have been working at Scientific Learning

Pros

Our product helps millions of children be successful in school. It has improved the lives of so many children and families.

Cons

It's kinda small and the benefits reflect that. If you are not a California employee the health benefits are low and I would like to see 401K match and tuition reimbursement.

2. A great set of products one can be proud to promote, human interaction is shaky

I have been working at Scientific Learning

Pros

Great products! No doubt you are contributing the improvement of the lives of children and youth across the US, Canada and the world. Better than average benefits package. Solid PTO policy. Great company meetings overall in a great city. Obvious attempts to create bonding experiences. If you are tapped as a "rising star" you can do almost anything you want.

Cons

Pressure to work all day, no real lunch breaks except when it is a company provided lunch. Some people in some positions find difficulty in moving to higher levels of responsibility or even make lateral moves to jobs they would prefer. Downsizing in some departments is causing extreme stress on the remaining employees.

Be careful of how you treat the people at the less obvious positions, they keep the place running so that the work of the sales staff has meaning. If you ignore them, they may leave you high and dry.

There are newer employer reviews for Scientific Learning