Great place to learn how to recruit in Pharma

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Scientific Search full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

After 3 years I was earning over 100K. You can't expect to work 8 hours a day, but certainly can earn a six figure income if you put in the time.

Cons

It is essentially your own business, so you do need to make yourself available 24/7. Sometimes difficult to manage work/life balance.

I would just thank them for the opportunity and training. I left because my commute was too long, but their training made me more marketable and helped me land my new job closer to home.

Other Reviews for Scientific Search

Company culture is severly lacking

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Scientific Search full-time for less than a year

Pros

Base salary decent and commission structure is decent. Some people have luke warm personalities. Have the option to specialize in recruiting or sales. Software is easy to learn.

Cons

Yes, the benefits are horrible. High deductible insurance, no life insurance and 401k eligible after 1 year of employment. They micro manage and watch your every move. Lunches and breaks are discouraged, yet they say through time they have a flex schedule. One owner is very pleasant, the other not so much. The majority of their senior staff do not treat people with respect, although it's not everyone. Watch your back because everything you do is watched and people talk behind your back. The training consists of watching dvd's and listening to cd's. There is no job security and even if your a rock star and they have issue with your personality your out the door. Some of the people are down right nasty with a "Tude". Previous comments about new people who feel entitled made me laugh, it's the senior people that work there with an attitude. Yep, even smart people can put in 40 to 45 hours and be just as successful as those that live and breathe their job.

Get real benefits. Perhaps people could smile there and cultivate company culture. It takes a village. And no, I'm not bitter, but had I job shadowed I would have declined working with them

Amazing place to work and earn tons of $$$`

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Scientific Search full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team for those that put the effort in. Definitely not for those that want to stroll in at 830 and leave at 5pm. Low base and UNLIMITED commission for those that work at it. Unbelievable tools at your disposable and training both in house and external any time you want it. All the resources to be a success for those that want it. Senior recruiters there for 10 or more years and multiple people with tenure which is not common in the industry., Owners are open to suggestions and anyone can see their ideas implemented. Sent on company sponsored trip annually all expenses paid for those that produce. Just awesome.

Cons

Too many people with an attitude of entitlement make it through the interview process and think that they will be successful by doing the minimum which takes money and time from others. Hopefully the process can be improved to rule out those that don't want to work for living and want to roll out of bed and collect a paycheck.

Keep it up! Those that deserve to be rewarded are and those that dont are quickly removed. Great Place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Scientific Search.

Worked for Scientific Search? Contribute to the Community!