Scooter's Coffeehouse

Add Review

So much FUN!

Current Employee - Barista in Bellevue, NE
Current Employee - Barista in Bellevue, NE

I have been working at Scooter's Coffeehouse part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Job is super easy. Meet tons of people and make new friends.

Cons

Duties are tedious. Can be boring at times. Pay is not good.

reviews filtered by
  1. Pathetic.

Former Employee - Barista in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Barista in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Scooter's Coffeehouse

Pros

The only pros I found in working for Scooter's were the customers (our morning customers were really great), the free coffee and the fact that I fed the hungry for weeks off of the expired pastries that would get tossed out of that place. Gross amounts of waste. Never mind that we didn't always have product, toilet paper, change money, etc...we always seemed to have a bag of expired pastries.

Cons

Within less than the two months I was employed, I had three managers. Supplemental management only showed up with the store management seemed about to break and walk out. The reinforcements that DID show up seemed more interested in telling me about how their store was better than our store than actually helping me. People were hired to "solve" the staffing problem, but one was a repeat no-show and the other was ill prepared for the stress of managing such a fiasco. Regional managers were often ineffective, deceptive and condescending. No one wanted to lift a finger to help unless it looked like their caboose was on the line. Last week I was informed that our site was closing. I have yet to be told if I was temporarily laid off or just right out fired as some sort of gleeful punishment for working for this fool company in the first place. Fortunately I found a far superior job the next day, so as far as I'm concerned, Scooter's can suck huevos.

Advice to Management

Maybe if you concentrated less on your bottom line and more on whether or not your employees are well-supplied and respected, the bottom line would take care of itself.

2. Good staff, decent pay

Current Employee - Supervisor in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Scooter's Coffeehouse

Pros

The staff at Scooter's is awesome. I love working with them. Coffee is fantastic. Workers could be compensated more for their responsibilities.

Cons

Lack of pay and health benefits.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees.