There are newer employer reviews for Scotiabank

Good, solid bank with pleasant atmosphere.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Scotiabank

Pros

The company is in good shape at a time when the financial sector as a whole is in chaos. Offices and branches around the world mean opportunities for working abroad. There is an atmosphere if healthy competition, without much of the eat-rocks-and-crap-fire, alpha-dog stuff you might find elsewhere.

Cons

A fair amount of second-guessing; lots of paperwork; some of the same territoriality you will find in any big organization. Office location next to WTC site will be a downer for some (at least until something is finally built there).

Keep being cautious about risk and capital ratios. Maybe cut back a little on the strategic missives couched in wordy corporatese. When I read these, I'm not convinced that the thinking behind them is entirely clear.

512 Other Employee Reviews for Scotiabank (View Most Recent)

Responsible for import and export Letter of Credits, standby Letter of credits and Collections

Former Employee - Letter of Credit Officer  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Letter of Credit Officer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Scotiabank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work-life balance, one team one goal.

Cons

Lack of advancement and learning.

More training could be better.

Toronto Head Office Finance

Former Employee - Finance Manager  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Scotiabank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gain experience, have rotational program to train you, great people that willing to teach and promote you. Will assist your career path. Helped my sister and brother in law to get a job. I attained my MBA with this company, my CMA designation, My house, and baby.

Cons

20% lower than market salary but will not fire ppl. Allow ppl to look for job even after sold of the department for a duration of 2 years. Treat mother differently, will not give so much challenge to you once you are a mother.

Should have a annual career plan for staff, even after staff turn to a mother.

There are newer employer reviews for Scotiabank

Worked for Scotiabank? Contribute to the Community!