Scotiabank
www.scotiabank.com Toronto, Canada 5000+ Employees

Good, solid bank with pleasant atmosphere.

(Current Employee)
New York, NY

ProsThe company is in good shape at a time when the financial sector as a whole is in chaos. Offices and branches around the world mean opportunities for working abroad. There is an atmosphere if healthy competition, without much of the eat-rocks-and-crap-fire, alpha-dog stuff you might find elsewhere.

ConsA fair amount of second-guessing; lots of paperwork; some of the same territoriality you will find in any big organization. Office location next to WTC site will be a downer for some (at least until something is finally built there).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being cautious about risk and capital ratios. Maybe cut back a little on the strategic missives couched in wordy corporatese. When I read these, I'm not convinced that the thinking behind them is entirely clear.

Nice for new commers

I have been working at Scotiabank

Pros: Nice opportunities for new commers with Financial experience en Latin… Cons: Just starting a new challenge! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overall Satisfying

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Scotiabank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Depending on your manager, there are opportunities for development of skills, obtaining certifications, mentoring etc. Many of the departments had really great people that… Cons: Depending on the manager, there may be issues with work-life balance; (At times I worked over 80 hrs a week for months; definitely… Advice to Senior Management: Need to have a better understanding of what is happening on the front… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Scotiabank.

Worked for Scotiabank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Scotiabank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Scotiabank CEO Brian J. Porter. All reviews posted anonymously by Scotiabank employees.