Scotiabank

www.scotiabank.com

Good, solid bank with pleasant atmosphere.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

The company is in good shape at a time when the financial sector as a whole is in chaos. Offices and branches around the world mean opportunities for working abroad. There is an atmosphere if healthy competition, without much of the eat-rocks-and-crap-fire, alpha-dog stuff you might find elsewhere.

Cons

A fair amount of second-guessing; lots of paperwork; some of the same territoriality you will find in any big organization. Office location next to WTC site will be a downer for some (at least until something is finally built there).

Keep being cautious about risk and capital ratios. Maybe cut back a little on the strategic missives couched in wordy corporatese. When I read these, I'm not convinced that the thinking behind them is entirely clear.

Other reviews for Scotiabank

good

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Pros

nice co workers , promoted quickly

Cons

low wage few hours you have to get luck to get into good branch

Great place to grow

Pros

Culture and co-workers are awesome, managers are great. Very supportive in helping you achieve your career goals. Also I like their community involvement.

Cons

Pay leaves a lot to be desired. But that is the business world and if I ran my own business, I would consider this strategy myself. No sense in complaining just find a better paying job. Can also be a tad frustrating to apply through HR but I assume this is an issue at every company. Just have to go out and meet the decision makers yourself.

There are newer employer reviews for Scotiabank.

Worked for Scotiabank? Contribute to the Community!