Scotiabank
www.scotiabank.com Toronto, Canada 5000+ Employees

Great corporate culture, if you want to enjoy banking go to Scotiabank

Personal Banking Officer (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsA great team environment, and it actually is very much team centered. They have a great rewards system, you get appreciated for your efforts by your peers and by management. You can collect 'applause points' which you can use to purchase stuff. Great opportunity to grow, but that applies throughout banking. Very flexible structure. Corporate culture is very good, very welcoming and encouraging. Looks great on your resume, great stepping stone to a lot of things. Everyone is always helpful. You are encouraged to take part in extra-curricular activities, have a good work/life balance. The culture and environment will obviously be different from branch to branch.

ConsLots of paperwork! But that would be the same with every bank. The pay is not that high compared to a similar job in a non-bank company, but you get job security with the bank, well atleast if you perform. There is pressure to perform, numbers matter, but thats universal. Training is mostly on the job, so it can be challenging. Everyone has different answers when asked, so you have to read the bank policy yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps if you re-program the systems we use, it could be made a lot more efficient. Training can be improved, the courses online to teach yourself are good for the most part, but they are very one dimensional, easy to get bored and the overall structure for training is not efficient, maybe have a 3 day training session at head office to help new staff to learn all the basics quick.

great company to work at

I have been working at Scotiabank

Pros: good compensation and benefits, management is very approachable, people are… Cons: a lots of internal potentials but you have to stay at… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great culture & team!

Manager (Current Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Scotiabank full-time for less than a year

Pros: The company is a great place to work at! Scotiabank has established its foothold not only in Canada but in international zones as well. I've… Cons: Some technology and information management systems need to be upgraded. But… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Scotiabank.

Worked for Scotiabank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Scotiabank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Scotiabank CEO Brian J. Porter. All reviews posted anonymously by Scotiabank employees.