There are newer employer reviews for Scotiabank

Scotiabank really sucks! Stay away from this company!

Former Employee - Project Manager in Scarborough, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Project Manager in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I worked at Scotiabank

Pros

Salary was ok (average). Benefits are not so good.

Cons

Too much politics, backstabbing at all levels. Very little training available to employees. Many senior manager are there just waiting for retirement and take no actions to get things improved or changed. Not a very attractive and pleasant work space. Downtown offices are ok. Scarborough ones look like dump sites. Offices are dingy and old.

You have heard bad things about CIBC as employer? You heard nothing. Talk to an Scotiabank employee and you will see that it can be worse. Please stop rewarding indulgence and stupidity at work. Make real changes and get junior management involved and motivated into bank's core principles.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Scotiabank

Pros

Scotiabank takes care of their people. Senior management is very good about educating and working with their staff to help them attain their career goals. Staff are made to feel like they are a part of a team who works together.

Cons

Starting wages could be a bit higher, however the benefits do enhance the wages.

Currently I do not have any advice to offer. I am very content with my management's leadership.

2. predictable stable, but under appreciated

Former Employee - Teller in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Teller in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Scotiabank

Pros

good team, good management depending on the branch, training available, internal job postings

Cons

tellers take sick leave and this affect other tellers productivity, management incompetence can stall branch, moderate pay, no upward mobility in branch

focus on staffing needs of branches, so that training and managing employees is well executed.

There are newer employer reviews for Scotiabank