There are newer employer reviews for Scott & White Healthcare

Great place to work

Former Employee - Administrative Resident in Round Rock, TX
Former Employee - Administrative Resident in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Scott & White Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Physician management model works well, everyone is working towards the same goal, good working environment everyone gets along

Cons

Information systems are outdated and have developed in silos

Better OR nurse pay

67 Other Employee Reviews for Scott & White Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Here's the good, the bad, and the ugly

Current Employee - Manager in Temple, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Temple, TX

I have been working at Scott & White Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Things are changing. Some for the good and some for the...The vast majority of the employees at S&W are awesome. They really care about what they are doing and patient care. Temple is a great place to raise a family. The pay in the past has been good.

Cons

S&W is going through major changes. Some of them are good, but most of them are bad or ugly. The long-time CEO Albert Knight retired. He was great! His replacement is Temple-raised and truly cares about S&W. Unfortunately, I personally believe he is getting bad advice from his new C-Level hires. The mood for the working-class employees is not good. It's been that way for over a year. ' Walking on thin ice' would be an understatement.

Because of the current culture people are leaving. Some by choice, but many are being 'let go' for various reasons. What I hear from my co-workers (and I agree) regarding the change is 'too much, too fast". Many employees have been forced out. Most of them are 50+ or have been at S&W for many years.

Pay and benefits has been trending down. Our health insurance company (which is owned by S&W) has been raising premiums drastically over the past few years. Vacation time has been reduced. Perhaps this is just they way healthcare is now in 2012.

I would think twice about working at S&W under the current environment. My guess is that things may get worse before they get better. It may take a few years to get better. When it does, hopefully it will return to the place that we all have loved in the past.

Dear Management- You've been very busy and working hard for the past 12 months. I would recommend that you slow down and take time to listen to your employees. My guess is that you are so busy, you don't have time to do that. Please take the time.

Not the best place to work.

Former Employee - EVS Associate in Temple, TX
    Former Employee - EVS Associate in Temple, TX

I worked at Scott & White Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

403(b) plan is great, and it doesn't take long to accumulate. PTO builds pretty quickly, as well. There are *some* terrific people who work there.

Cons

Most areas seem to be very "clique-ish," and if you're not a member of the in crowd, then you are definitely out. Pay rates could definitely be better, as could promotions.

There are newer employer reviews for Scott & White Healthcare