Scottrade
www.scottrade.com Saint Louis, MO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Less Than Perfect

I have been working at Scottrade

ProsPeople are nice & get along, work environment is comfortable and pleasant, decent benefits.

ConsToo much favoritism. The same people keep getting promoted. Hard work isn't equally rewarded. Many members of managment have been "homegrown" and couldn't hold the same position in a different company.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize that you have an organization full of talent and start sharing the "wealth" (recognizing, rewarding & promoting). I also hope management recognizes that what keeps us from ranking higher in Best Places is our less-than-competitive salaries and minimal opportunities for work-life balance (very small group who have it).

It is what it is..

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Scottrade

Pros: Only interned so I can put it as experience applying to different universities and internships. As far as the work..its mostly clerical and you… Cons: no real finance related work. Thought it would be more then clerical work.… More

Good place to learn the business.

Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at Scottrade

Pros: They put you through a training program that is online. It helps you get a better feel for the company… Cons: I hear that they hire from within, but I also hear… Advice to Senior Management: Overall I see that Scottrade is expanding and growing strong as a company. I think there should be more incentives… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Scottrade.

Worked for Scottrade? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Scottrade reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Scottrade CEO Rodger O. Riney. All reviews posted anonymously by Scottrade employees.