Scottrade

www.scottrade.com
There are newer employer reviews for Scottrade

Less Than Perfect

I have been working at Scottrade

Pros

People are nice & get along, work environment is comfortable and pleasant, decent benefits.

Cons

Too much favoritism. The same people keep getting promoted. Hard work isn't equally rewarded. Many members of managment have been "homegrown" and couldn't hold the same position in a different company.

Recognize that you have an organization full of talent and start sharing the "wealth" (recognizing, rewarding & promoting). I also hope management recognizes that what keeps us from ranking higher in Best Places is our less-than-competitive salaries and minimal opportunities for work-life balance (very small group who have it).

512 Other Employee Reviews for Scottrade (View Most Recent)

It is what it is..

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Scottrade

Pros

Only interned so I can put it as experience applying to different universities and internships. As far as the work..its mostly clerical and you have to deal with clients. My manager was very supportive so that was good. If I were you, get the internship and stay there for only a set amount of time. It is good for freshman in college so they can hedge themselves into getting solid internships as a sophomore. The business world is cutthroat so you should reciprocate that as well if you have leverage. Think about it.

Cons

no real finance related work. Thought it would be more then clerical work. pay is decent if your just a poor college student like i am haha

Good place to learn the business.

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Scottrade

Pros

They put you through a training program that is online. It helps you get a better feel for the company and the industry. It is very good when you are just coming into the business. Apparently they hire from within.

Cons

I hear that they hire from within, but I also hear that is is very hard to move up in the company.

Overall I see that Scottrade is expanding and growing strong as a company. I think there should be more incentives for going above and beyond when it comes to the customer. Like a reward program or something to that nature.

There are newer employer reviews for Scottrade