Scottrade
www.scottrade.com Saint Louis, MO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Fun start/step in the door

Intern (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at Scottrade as an intern for less than a year

ProsInformative (you learn as much as you want), growth opportunity, small company culture, Scottrade university, PAID internship, able to keep up with the market. Free lunch/surprises sometimes especially on holidays. Off by 6pm, no working weekends and off on market holidays. No sales pressure. CEO is a friendly face in most of the branches.

ConsMany separate programs to use, broad training, lots of wait time for customers (slow/boring), very part time. Unless you're graduating soon there is no room for growth, after graduation you can become a broker trainee. Most clients breeze past the front desk and go straight to a broker. Limited amount of work you are authorized to do. No sales pressure but also lazy comfortable employees and no incentive program.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on branch level; engage employees more. Branches have so much potential but

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great company to work for

Intern (Former Employee)
Nashville, TN

I worked at Scottrade as an intern for more than a year

Pros: The employees, from the top of the organization to entry positions,… Cons: The down-time after tax season could be considered a con for some, but if you… Advice to Senior Management: keep doing what you are doing. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I like the culture and this is a nice place to get management experience.

Branch Manager (Former Employee)
Wilmington, DE

I worked at Scottrade full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The culture is relaxed, friendly coworkers, very customer service oriented. The… Cons: The bonuses are almost non-existent, No room for growth beyond… Advice to Senior Management: Go back to paying bonuses from the branch P&L. Each branch would be more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Scottrade.

Worked for Scottrade? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Scottrade reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Scottrade CEO Rodger O. Riney. All reviews posted anonymously by Scottrade employees.