Great learning environment

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Scottrade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment to learn new things and advance your skills.

Cons

Low Salary considering the work load.

Other Employee Reviews for Scottrade

A company that has completely lost its way

Current Employee - Senior Stockbroker
    Current Employee - Senior Stockbroker

I have been working at Scottrade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Work/Life balance (code for punch clock exactly 8 hours per day) -Job security -It would be a great job for a really lazy person.

Cons

-No flexibility in hours worked, no overtime -Brain drain (best employees leaving) is evident -No incentive to work harder than the bare minimum -Very little communication

Advice to Management

This firm is almost entirely staffed by underpaid, overworked employees or overpaid, lazy employees. The problem is that Scottrade does nothing to identify talent within its ranks. Promotions are primarily based on length of employment, not merit. Start identifying who really makes this company grow, and start rewarding them. Start penalizing those who aren't contributing or remove them, and replace them with people who do want to succeed.

2. Great culture / Poor benefits

Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Scottrade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is a great a. company that promotes teaming across all work groups.

Cons

Salary is not competitive with the marketplace, but the worst benefit is the meager vacation (1-5 years = 2weeks + 2 days) that's pathetic! My peers and I could all make more in salary at almost any other company if that was the big motivator for us. Salary is nice but for most of us we left higher paying positions in search of something more valuable -- a respecful and integrity rich culture -- Scottrade offers that luxury to their employees. The one benefit we all miss is not the larger salaries, but the vacation days! At this point in our careers that outweighs the salary by far!

Advice to Management

Continue to support your resources in their career aspirations, and their collaborating endeavors. It is the through these teaming relationships that creates the Scottrade culture.