There are newer employer reviews for Scottrade

I would not recommend that anyone work at Scottrade!

I worked at Scottrade full-time

Pros

The friends that I made while working there. It was a great place to work when I first started.

Cons

Poor Management. They do not display fair practices. They do not value good employees. If you have a complaint, nothing is done to resolve the issue. The issue is shoved under the rug as if it didn't happen. You will only go somewhere in this company if management likes you! The pay is so low for what you are asked to do!

Advice to Management

Management: I truly think that you need to reevaluate how you are rolling out this reorganization. It is not well thought out and it is done extremely unfair. I think that you need to take a look into HR and who is making the decisions. I disagree with the way things transpired and feel that many will and do feel the same. I took my issue of harassment and retaliation to upper management several times and Nothing was done! I was miserable as my boss harassed me daily making me feel inadequate and a poor performer! This is clearly NOT the case I assure you! She is a mean spirited and hateful person but upper management likes her so she will stay. If management likes you, you will have a job. This is the bottom line at Scottrade Corporate. I will not refer one person to work there. I don't regret the great friends that I met but will never forget how awful I was treated and nothing was done!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If you are stupid and lazy it's where you belong!

Current Employee - Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Scottrade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can jump on the raft and float down the river.

Cons

If you care about what you do, are educated, have common sense, are results oriented and work hard then you will be a failure here.

Advice to Management

Most of you should recognize by now that you have been promoted beyond your capabilities or should be long retired. Please find new leadership to steer the ship back on course!

2. If they'd catch up it'd be great

Current Employee - Stockbroker
    Current Employee - Stockbroker

I have been working at Scottrade full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance, laid back atmosphere.

Cons

Tons of talk, slow to act. Needs to catch up to the competition. Not much room for growth if you don't live in St Louis.

Advice to Management

Hire managers with sufficient market knowledge. Clients keep leaving because they want dividend reinvestment. Where is it?!