There are newer employer reviews for Scottrade

I would not recommend that anyone work at Scottrade!

I worked at Scottrade full-time

Pros

The friends that I made while working there. It was a great place to work when I first started.

Cons

Poor Management. They do not display fair practices. They do not value good employees. If you have a complaint, nothing is done to resolve the issue. The issue is shoved under the rug as if it didn't happen. You will only go somewhere in this company if management likes you! The pay is so low for what you are asked to do!

Advice to Management

Management: I truly think that you need to reevaluate how you are rolling out this reorganization. It is not well thought out and it is done extremely unfair. I think that you need to take a look into HR and who is making the decisions. I disagree with the way things transpired and feel that many will and do feel the same. I took my issue of harassment and retaliation to upper management several times and Nothing was done! I was miserable as my boss harassed me daily making me feel inadequate and a poor performer! This is clearly NOT the case I assure you! She is a mean spirited and hateful person but upper management likes her so she will stay. If management likes you, you will have a job. This is the bottom line at Scottrade Corporate. I will not refer one person to work there. I don't regret the great friends that I met but will never forget how awful I was treated and nothing was done!

reviews filtered by

Rapidly diving into mediocrity and obsolescence!

Current Employee - Stockbroker
    Current Employee - Stockbroker

I have been working at Scottrade full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary, work/life balance, benefits - but they're increasing premiums faster than pay increases.

Cons

Just about everything else! Inferior platforms, incompetent operations staff at HQ but when you pay 12-13/hr, you get what you pay for. Inferior services and everything involves paperwork. When my wife had an E-trade account before I became an employee, I requested a check online - I didn't have to call and speak with anyone. The bank is truly pathetic and the fact that each bank account is tied to a parent brokerage account, thus no transferability between multiple bank and brokerage accounts is so archaic it's just ridiculous. You will get tired of your clients belittling you and saying "so what do you do" after you tell them that you don't offer advice. If I had a penny for every time I heard that I'd be retired. How rewarding is that when you're mocked by your clients on a daily basis. If you like being sworn at and insulted and spending multiple hours per day helping 93 year-olds reset their passwords, then by all means Scottrade is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Get with the program and ditch the overly conservative legal counsel and management filling Roger's head with paranoid dribble. The "it's a business decision" garbage is getting really old. We have no excuse for being rapidly left behind by the competition and if you think you can continue to blame your branch personnel for the failing company, you're going to be left with subpar branch staff real quick. Put the Branch Admin department (which is a useless bureaucratic waste of a department anyway) in it's place.

2. Not a bad place to start.

Current Intern - Intern
    Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Scottrade as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Stress free work environment. Ample free time. Able to learn. Many locations.

Cons

Work is repetitive. Little room for advancement. They dont care about what employees want.

Advice to Management

Get better

There are newer employer reviews for Scottrade