Scottrade

www.scottrade.com
  www.scottrade.com
There are newer employer reviews for Scottrade

Opportunity is limited, along with leadership vision and direction

Former Employee - Marketing in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Marketing in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Scottrade full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture. Physical facility is nice.

Cons

Pay is terrible. Even with long lists of accomplishments and stacks of excellent reviews, I couldn't get traction like lesser qualified peers around me had. I did not participate in politics and just always focused on getting the job done and forward thinking strategy. Perhaps I should have back stabbed my peers and self-promoted more. Maybe compromising my personal standards would have helped me to become an AVP overnight like some peers in the department.

Marketing department is falling apart. CMO went from a "share your ideas, so we can improve the department" sentiment to one of creating fear among employees. No one wanted to speak up to address problems for fear of retribution. I don't think senior management is strategic enough to compete in the marketplace. Too many execs seem like they've been promoted to a level of incompetence. There is a lot of talk about strategy, but ideas tend to swirl for months before an extremely watered down product or campaign is put into market.

512 Other Employee Reviews for Scottrade (View Most Recent)

Interning at Scottrade was a great experience

I worked at Scottrade as an intern

Pros

If you love finance and the markets, there are few places to get a great learning experience in this field as an intern than here.

Cons

Lots of 'salesy' changes being pushed on employees may lead to a stressful work environment.

Monotonous, routine, little room for advancement outside of STL.

Former Employee - Investment Consultant
    Former Employee - Investment Consultant

I worked at Scottrade full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance, fair salary for the work and a good bonus (when it's paid).

Cons

Very routine work, upper management cares more about their job than yours, directors selectively tell Rodger about important things happening in the company, not addressing low employee morale and instead ignoring it and doing the same thing.

Keep your branch associates in the loop and happy. Be more forthcoming with important information, focus more on the products clients actually want and not what you think they want.

There are newer employer reviews for Scottrade