There are newer employer reviews for Scottrade

Scottrade is good if you are content with a simple and steady life-style.

Former Employee - Broker Trainee  in  Westminster, CO
Former Employee - Broker Trainee in Westminster, CO

I worked at Scottrade full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great schedules
-Great management
-Work was tiring but never any overtime
-Steady work
-Quite a few opportunites if you are interested in moving to St. Louis

Cons

-Limited growth
-Most of the day spent on calls
-Some of the 10 hour shifts could be very demanding
-No place to eat food
-Breaks and lunch time were very short

Give more opportunities for training and specialization

435 Other Employee Reviews for Scottrade (View Most Recent)

Opportunity is limited, along with leadership vision and direction

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Marketing in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Scottrade full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture. Physical facility is nice.

Cons

Pay is terrible. Even with long lists of accomplishments and stacks of excellent reviews, I couldn't get traction like lesser qualified peers around me had. I did not participate in politics and just always focused on getting the job done and forward thinking strategy. Perhaps I should have back stabbed my peers and self-promoted more. Maybe compromising my personal standards would have helped me to become an AVP overnight like some peers in the department.

Marketing department is falling apart. CMO went from a "share your ideas, so we can improve the department" sentiment to one of creating fear among employees. No one wanted to speak up to address problems for fear of retribution. I don't think senior management is strategic enough to compete in the marketplace. Too many execs seem like they've been promoted to a level of incompetence. There is a lot of talk about strategy, but ideas tend to swirl for months before an extremely watered down product or campaign is put into market.

Great if you like sales.

I have been working at Scottrade

Pros

Nice co-workers. The company is very morally responsible and the job is low stress. There is now more opportunity to make money than ever before at this company.

Cons

Company is going through a significant transition in the business model and everything--from everyday work applications to commission payouts--is riddled with glitches. Also, since asset gathering is the focus now (they say there are no quotas, only goals), there is high turnover because employees of the old model are resistant to change. And, they tell us to meet these so-called goals without the proper tools and resources to do so.

In a technical aspect, Scottrade is constantly lagging behind the competition.

For ambitious people, the work is unfulfilling and there is no mobility in a branch office unless you want to move to St. Louis, MO.

Stop with the phone conferences, please.

There are newer employer reviews for Scottrade

Worked for Scottrade? Contribute to the Community!