There are newer employer reviews for Scottrade

I learned what it was like to work in a corporate environment, as well as use critical thinking to accomplish a task.

Current Employee - Service Center in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Service Center in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Scottrade as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Management is friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

I only worked there a few months as an intern, so I don't have any cons

484 Other Employee Reviews for Scottrade (View Most Recent)

Mind numbing, sales job...

Current Employee - Investment Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Investment Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Scottrade full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Steady paycheck. Clients still think of us as we were a year or so ago, but will soon realize that there is no time for current clients unless "opportunities" are uncovered in you. Good 401k match, time off and sick days. Bonuses compensate for low pay (almost).

Cons

TD and Schwab guys are changing the entire culture which is making the company just another trading website with mediocre and clunky tools to trade with. The branches are suppose to add value to the client but really they are just becoming awkward quiet offices where associates tap away at their keyboards trying to "document" all "contacts". It doesn't matter how much work you do in the office, if it's not an asset gathering contact recorded in the crm software it never occurred. Clients are time wasters preventing the associate from making sales calls and reaching their daily required numbers. The job is boring and really your just a glorified sales/customer service rep. Website has constant problems and very frustrated clients. Not a career. Just a sales job, if that's what your looking for. Lock yourself in the back room and start making cold.....I mean warm calls.

Sales activities will grow assets in the short term but the cultural shift is beginning to grow very fast. Branches are awkward and quiet with clients whispering so the desk and clients right next to you can't hear their private financial information. If this is the direction the company is going it would be more beneficial to bring all associates to HQ and forget the branch idea.

Busy, fun, lots of learning opportunities and nice benefits.

Current Employee - Back Office Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Back Office Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Scottrade full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits, work environment, the company does a good job of valuing your contribution through workplace programs, good benefits, and bonuses, but...

Cons

Salaries seem on the low side, but it's hard to compare due to the perks and benefits.

None, keep doing what you're doing, but try to get IT out of silos and cooperating better, both with each other and the business end of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Scottrade