I learned what it was like to work in a corporate environment, as well as use critical thinking to accomplish a task.

Current Employee - Service Center  in  Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Service Center in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Scottrade as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Management is friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

I only worked there a few months as an intern, so I don't have any cons

Other Reviews for Scottrade

Circling the drain...

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Scottrade full-time for more than a year

Pros

Initial on-boarding was painless. Fellow developers were generally great to work with.

Cons

Project management at Scottrade is, quite frankly, a disaster. Projects are always late - this almost entirely due to incompetent project management. Scottrade has assembled a team of project managers (with one or two exceptions) who measure progress by the number of meetings they can schedule, who refuse to listen to anyone who tells them anything that doesn't fit in with their preconceived notions, and are exceedingly creative in coming up with ways to waste everyone's time. Other management and team leaders are unable or unwilling to address the obvious problems with Scottrade's project managers.

You have a talented group of software developers - they are NOT the reason projects are always late.

Mind numbing, sales job...

Current Employee - Investment Consultant  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Investment Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Scottrade full-time for more than a year

Pros

Steady paycheck. Clients still think of us as we were a year or so ago, but will soon realize that there is no time for current clients unless "opportunities" are uncovered in you. Good 401k match, time off and sick days. Bonuses compensate for low pay (almost).

Cons

TD and Schwab guys are changing the entire culture which is making the company just another trading website with mediocre and clunky tools to trade with. The branches are suppose to add value to the client but really they are just becoming awkward quiet offices where associates tap away at their keyboards trying to "document" all "contacts". It doesn't matter how much work you do in the office, if it's not an asset gathering contact recorded in the crm software it never occurred. Clients are time wasters preventing the associate from making sales calls and reaching their daily required numbers. The job is boring and really your just a glorified sales/customer service rep. Website has constant problems and very frustrated clients. Not a career. Just a sales job, if that's what your looking for. Lock yourself in the back room and start making cold.....I mean warm calls.

Sales activities will grow assets in the short term but the cultural shift is beginning to grow very fast. Branches are awkward and quiet with clients whispering so the desk and clients right next to you can't hear their private financial information. If this is the direction the company is going it would be more beneficial to bring all associates to HQ and forget the branch idea.

There are newer employer reviews for Scottrade.

Worked for Scottrade? Contribute to the Community!