There are newer employer reviews for Scottrade

I learned what it was like to work in a corporate environment, as well as use critical thinking to accomplish a task.

Current Intern - Service Center in Saint Louis, MO
Current Intern - Service Center in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Scottrade as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

I only worked there a few months as an intern, so I don't have any cons

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Mind numbing, sales job...

Current Employee - Investment Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Investment Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Scottrade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady paycheck. Clients still think of us as we were a year or so ago, but will soon realize that there is no time for current clients unless "opportunities" are uncovered in you. Good 401k match, time off and sick days. Bonuses compensate for low pay (almost).

Cons

TD and Schwab guys are changing the entire culture which is making the company just another trading website with mediocre and clunky tools to trade with. The branches are suppose to add value to the client but really they are just becoming awkward quiet offices where associates tap away at their keyboards trying to "document" all "contacts". It doesn't matter how much work you do in the office, if it's not an asset gathering contact recorded in the crm software it never occurred. Clients are time wasters preventing the associate from making sales calls and reaching their daily required numbers. The job is boring and really your just a glorified sales/customer service rep. Website has constant problems and very frustrated clients. Not a career. Just a sales job, if that's what your looking for. Lock yourself in the back room and start making cold.....I mean warm calls.

Advice to Management

Sales activities will grow assets in the short term but the cultural shift is beginning to grow very fast. Branches are awkward and quiet with clients whispering so the desk and clients right next to you can't hear their private financial information. If this is the direction the company is going it would be more beneficial to bring all associates to HQ and forget the branch idea.

2. Amazing job for a recent grad after the internship!

Current Employee - Investment Consultant
    Current Employee - Investment Consultant

I have been working at Scottrade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance, amazing learning resources, and good opportunities to make money. Management sets you up to succeed in any change they make. The only way to fail with this company is to slack off and think they'll pay you for nothing.

Cons

It's tough to think of many cons. There are constantly changing metrics to focus on as the company changes its focus. Policy and software changes take a few days to get used to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!