Scottrade

www.scottrade.com

easy rewarding job

Current Employee - Senior Broker  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Broker in Dallas, TX

Pros

easy job compared to other brokers. no quotas!

Cons

no commission. explosive growth has slowed.

Other reviews for Scottrade

Tedious but otherwise easy job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Pros

- Great noncompeting atmosphere
    - Team environment
    - Great PTO and benefit package

Cons

- Lack of advancement opportunities within branch associates
    - Ancient technology
    - Old school marketing and product offering
    - Everything blah....

Stop all the unnecessary marketing programs and promote capable employees who has great ideas to take company to next level. Replace the aging system with new system to improve downtime.

Would be a great place to work if it wasn't so cliquish and supervisor wasn't so rude

Current Employee - Work In IT In Westminster, CO  in  Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Work In IT In Westminster, CO in Westminster, CO

Pros

Job security (never had a layoff)
    Reasonable work load
    Nice building/office/location
    Purple is a pretty company color
    Good benefits
    Private company, not trying to please stockholders
    Great CEO with integrity
    Interesting work
    Best new employee training of any company I know of
    Supervisor doesn't micromanage

Cons

The IT area I'm in is the MOST cliquish place I've ever worked. They have lots of new people (hiring like crazy in Colorado) and new people are pointedly excluded from lunches, after work gatherings, etc. The old-timers who worked there long before Scottrade assimilated CRI walk around openly inviting their favorite cronies to lunch and happy hours, never bothering to glance toward the newbies. It's the most exclusive and callous group of people I've ever worked with. What's really bad is that the Supervisor is the most cliquish and inconsiderate one of the bunch.

Supervisor is horrible at his job too (though thankfully doesn't micromanage). He's inept, rude, and clearly doesn't want to be bothered with that icky old 'people stuff' that goes along with managing. He's gruff and impatient--borderline hostile--and has no time to help his staff, yet has plenty of time to take long lunches with his clique.

Low pay, supposedly mitigated by quarterly bonuses.

Can't work from home.

Realize that IT is different from branches and HQ and can work effectively from home. Esp those in areas with severe weather. We shouldn't have to take a vacation day because we can't get to work after a winter storm (the current policy). We won't slack off any more at home than we do at the office.

Pay better base salaries even if it means reducing bonuses.

Be aware that the cliquish antics of the CRI veterans WILL drive people away from the company after they've had enough of being treated shabbily. CO has an excellent job market and people have alternatives.

You need to monitor your supervisors to see if they're doing a good job, and see if they're treating their staff with respect. The guy I report to should not be a supervisor.

There are newer employer reviews for Scottrade.

Worked for Scottrade? Contribute to the Community!