There are newer employer reviews for Scotts Miracle-Gro

Crazy spring, summer, and laid-back late summer, fall and winter work

Current Employee - Territory Service Representative  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Territory Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Scotts Miracle-Gro full-time for more than a year

Pros

independent, get your work done on your own time, time off for vacation

Cons

work several saturdays in spring and summer busy months.

Have a set time every two weeks or every month where you celebrate success, need to reward success of branch a lot more

165 Other Employee Reviews for Scotts Miracle-Gro (View Most Recent)

Working at Scotts Lawn Service

Former Employee - Sales Advisor  in  Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Scotts Miracle-Gro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Pay, excellent employees to work with

Cons

Long Hours, Pressure to cut corners to get more sales

Give realistic expectations to customers.
    Measure every lawn, don't "eyeball' them.

WHO'S MY MANAGER?

Former Employee - Merchandiser  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Scotts Miracle-Gro part-time for more than a year

Pros

low supervision, decent pay, great for people that like to be treated like slaves.

Cons

They doubled my cell phone bill and do not reinburse for this. They also do not reinburse for printer ink and paper (need this to print weekly activities). Do not reinburse for any tools or supplies that are needed for your job (knives, blades, tape, gloves, tools, cleaning supplies and the list goes on.
    Cincinnati area seems as though they like to change managers often. Been with the company a year and a half and have had three managers. The managers and assiociates laugh at us and place bets to see how long a manager will last in his or her position.
    Told they will keep you till december but lie and lay you off in auguest. They also say they want to hire you year round and just lie so you don't quit. They also say they will give you Cincinnati Reds tix as a reward and do not. This season and last it was ran by a seasonal guy that they have been lying to as well. He does a good job but he shouldn't be doing a managers job. The list goes on....
    Managers say they will be there to help in the stores and either don't show up or are late. When they arrive they are dressed to not work and don't want to get dirty. Then they take a two hour lunch, come back and take an hour and half conference call. Just stay home and let us do YOUR job!!!!
    Again, I could go on and on.....

Do your job and quit lying. Do not just throw our products any where you want, stores chew our asses and hate Scotts for doing this. Reinburse for supplies, including cell phone bills. Need an incentive plan to make us work harder. Need a full time merchandiser in this area. More communication and help in the stores. Too much expected with the little help and communication.

There are newer employer reviews for Scotts Miracle-Gro

Worked for Scotts Miracle-Gro? Contribute to the Community!