Scotts Miracle-Gro

There are newer employer reviews for Scotts Miracle-Gro

expect to work - lifting 10 to 40 lb packages hourly

Former Employee - Merchandiser/Sales in New York, NY
Former Employee - Merchandiser/Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Scotts Miracle-Gro part-time (less than an year)

Pros

started in feb 2012 - due to warm spring and lost over 30 lbs -
changed from paying you for distance to proving 2 /hr extra for commutes over 30 minutes - initial salary 13/hr = total 15/hr
401k & roth - strongly recommend their Roth - over 401K - have a very good match invest 1/2 salary

Cons

scheduling typically worked 15 hr a wk in feb & 20 hr/wk in march 30 hrs a week in april fell back to 20 hrs in may and 8 hrs in June - fertilizer sales from june to september are very slow & only multi-year are kept - other part time employees get laidoff in summer & after october -

permit employees to buy in to medical plan

179 Other Employee Reviews for Scotts Miracle-Gro (View Most Recent)

Job satisfaction

Current Employee - Supervisor in Marysville, OH
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Marysville, OH

I have been working at Scotts Miracle-Gro full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy, no pressure, and not difficult to execute.

Cons

Too much time on your hands could get some people in trouble.

Apply more aggresively continuos improvement inniciatives in slow season.

WHO'S MY MANAGER?

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Scotts Miracle-Gro part-time (more than an year)

Pros

low supervision, decent pay, great for people that like to be treated like slaves.

Cons

They doubled my cell phone bill and do not reinburse for this. They also do not reinburse for printer ink and paper (need this to print weekly activities). Do not reinburse for any tools or supplies that are needed for your job (knives, blades, tape, gloves, tools, cleaning supplies and the list goes on.
    Cincinnati area seems as though they like to change managers often. Been with the company a year and a half and have had three managers. The managers and assiociates laugh at us and place bets to see how long a manager will last in his or her position.
    Told they will keep you till december but lie and lay you off in auguest. They also say they want to hire you year round and just lie so you don't quit. They also say they will give you Cincinnati Reds tix as a reward and do not. This season and last it was ran by a seasonal guy that they have been lying to as well. He does a good job but he shouldn't be doing a managers job. The list goes on....
    Managers say they will be there to help in the stores and either don't show up or are late. When they arrive they are dressed to not work and don't want to get dirty. Then they take a two hour lunch, come back and take an hour and half conference call. Just stay home and let us do YOUR job!!!!
    Again, I could go on and on.....

Do your job and quit lying. Do not just throw our products any where you want, stores chew our asses and hate Scotts for doing this. Reinburse for supplies, including cell phone bills. Need an incentive plan to make us work harder. Need a full time merchandiser in this area. More communication and help in the stores. Too much expected with the little help and communication.

There are newer employer reviews for Scotts Miracle-Gro