Scottsdale Insurance

www.scottsdaleins.com
  www.scottsdaleins.com
There are newer employer reviews for Scottsdale Insurance

Been with lots of companies and Scottsdale Insurance is the best place I've worked in my 30 year professional career.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Scottsdale Insurance

Pros

Access to senior management is terrific, working environment is first class, training, flexible work program, and commitment to employee engagement is outstanding. The company's associates, for the most part live the values. Leadership is diversifying and growing the business. Great place to work. Free underground parking too!

Cons

Nationwide Insurance, as parent company is weakening the culture. HR, IT, and Finance systems don't create value; they are taking us back in time. Generally systems are slow and old. Incentive compensation is becoming a joke as Nationwide is moving to a one size fits all approach. Not at all motivating. Too many distractions from parent company.

Tie incentives and profit sharing to our performance not Nationwide's. Speed up business applications, and continue to build on a strong culture.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Scottsdale Insurance (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for overall - advancement opportunities are limited unless you want to move to Ohio

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Scottsdale Insurance

Pros

Work/life balance; small family-like environment; collaborative. Lots of opportunities to make a difference as the company is growing and being more innovative (as much as one can be for an insurance company)

Cons

Over use collaboration, thus slow to make decisions; people have a very difficult time managing performance due to fear of not being "nice". A lot of very tenured people which decreases promotional opportunities.

Adapt to the culture, meet face-to-face, build partnerships before trying to shake anything up. Foul language and agressive behavior is not tolerated. Nationwide, the parent company, is moving from a holding company to a one company mentality, thus many jobs are being taken over by people in the corporate offices (Ohio); there are risks of being laid-off in shared-services organizations (IT, Finance, HR) ; huge lay-off in IT. Nationwide is completely different culture than Scottsdale - it is tough/cut-throat and being located in Scottsdale, AZ doesn't help..

not perfect, but still a great place to work

Current Employee - Claims  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Claims in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Scottsdale Insurance

Pros

they are really nice people to work for, very laid back atmospheres with nice people. the location is great, it is only 10 miles way fro my house so they drive is not bad. I have worked there for one and a half years and i am very happy. There are some flaws but it is going to be one of the better insurance companies to work for. Previously worked at USAA and this place is much better. better people and better opporunity since the are a smaller insurance company. being smaller makes comunnication generally easier. they are also vey flexible with scheduling

Cons

some of there processing are kind of bearucartice

hold less meetings

There are newer employer reviews for Scottsdale Insurance

Worked for Scottsdale Insurance? Contribute to the Community!