Scottsdale Insurance
www.scottsdaleins.com Scottsdale, AZ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Been with lots of companies and Scottsdale Insurance is the best place I've worked in my 30 year professional career.

Manager (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

ProsAccess to senior management is terrific, working environment is first class, training, flexible work program, and commitment to employee engagement is outstanding. The company's associates, for the most part live the values. Leadership is diversifying and growing the business. Great place to work. Free underground parking too!

ConsNationwide Insurance, as parent company is weakening the culture. HR, IT, and Finance systems don't create value; they are taking us back in time. Generally systems are slow and old. Incentive compensation is becoming a joke as Nationwide is moving to a one size fits all approach. Not at all motivating. Too many distractions from parent company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTie incentives and profit sharing to our performance not Nationwide's. Speed up business applications, and continue to build on a strong culture.

Great company to work for overall - advancement opportunities are limited unless you want to move to Ohio

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Scottsdale Insurance

Pros: Work/life balance; small family-like environment; collaborative. Lots of opportunities to make a difference as the… Cons: Over use collaboration, thus slow to make decisions; people have a very difficult time managing performance due… Advice to Senior Management: Adapt to the culture, meet face-to-face, build partnerships before trying to shake anything up. Foul language and agressive behavior is not tolerated. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

not perfect, but still a great place to work

Claims (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Scottsdale Insurance

Pros: they are really nice people to work for, very laid back atmospheres with nice people. the location is great, it is only 10 miles way… Cons: some of there processing are kind of bearucartice Advice to Senior Management: hold less meetings Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Scottsdale Insurance.

Worked for Scottsdale Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Scottsdale Insurance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Scottsdale Insurance CEO Mike Miller. All reviews posted anonymously by Scottsdale Insurance employees.