Scoular Company

www.scoular.com
  www.scoular.com
There are newer employer reviews for Scoular Company

.... no one want's to be the "bad guy"

Current Employee - Logistics in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Logistics in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Scoular Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to learn. I entered this industry green so the educational facet of this company was appealing and the main reason for my longevity.

Minneapolis office which is downtown, nice location.

A new computer system is being introduced to Scoular in 2014. OTM otherwise known as Oracle Transportation Management.

Cons

This company has an invasive middle management problem. There is too much emphasis on being "friends" then doing what's right for the company as a whole. No one want's to be the "bad guy" in order to weed out middle management problems that are contributing to the high turn over rate.

Scoular also requires each applicant to complete a P.I., or personality assessment test. Supposedly the results are used to decide whether you have the right personality for the job. With such a high turn over rate I question it's usefulness and validity - though I've seen a lot of emphasis being put on it's results.

No where to go. There is no where to move to in this company unless you are friends (or related) to management. Period. It doesn't matter if you put 10 years of your life into this company.

Have the CEO of this company visit more than once a year and ask questions about the reasoning behind the complaints I see on this site. If he doesn't know about them, then a way needs to be created in order for these complaints to be voiced.

Perhaps, encourage communication between HR and workers via newsletters regarding what HR's purpose is and what rights each employee's rights are.

Discipline middle management who are not acting in the best interest of the companies long term interests and encourage exemplary managers who are serving as role models.

54 Other Employee Reviews for Scoular Company (View Most Recent)

This is one bad company. I still make fun of it to this day.

Former Employee - International Documentation Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - International Documentation Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Scoular Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Coworkers really understand the frustration of working with incompetent middle management and outdated systems. The lunch room has a large TV to watch during breaks.

Cons

The salary you will get is low in comparison to other similar companies. You'll be working with outdated systems all the time (Win2000, banking software from the 70s etc...). You need to pay for parking, but the company comps some of it. Middle management will make up stories to blame you for their own errors.

Please stop blaming your underlings for your mistakes. Get rid of the old banking software. Please treat your employees with respect.

Just plain disgusting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Scoular Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I can't really think of much to say for the "pro" column for this company. It's worth it not to have a gap in my resume. Benefits are nice to have along with an OK view from my cube when I stand up.

Cons

Salary is below average and not sufficient enough to cover the headaches that you'll have with middle management. Turn over rate is on the high end. I'm starting a new job at the end of November and I'm so eager to leave this company.

Treat your employees with some much deserved respect. The training I received was just plain awful. You need to spark a training program or you'll just continue to burn through employees faster than you can replace them.

There are newer employer reviews for Scoular Company