Scoular Company

www.scoular.com

.... no one want's to be the "bad guy"

Logistics (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsOpportunity to learn. I entered this industry green so the educational facet of this company was appealing and the main reason for my longevity.

Minneapolis office which is downtown, nice location.

A new computer system is being introduced to Scoular in 2014. OTM otherwise known as Oracle Transportation Management.

ConsThis company has an invasive middle management problem. There is too much emphasis on being "friends" then doing what's right for the company as a whole. No one want's to be the "bad guy" in order to weed out middle management problems that are contributing to the high turn over rate.

Scoular also requires each applicant to complete a P.I., or personality assessment test. Supposedly the results are used to decide whether you have the right personality for the job. With such a high turn over rate I question it's usefulness and validity - though I've seen a lot of emphasis being put on it's results.

No where to go. There is no where to move to in this company unless you are friends (or related) to management. Period. It doesn't matter if you put 10 years of your life into this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave the CEO of this company visit more than once a year and ask questions about the reasoning behind the complaints I see on this site. If he doesn't know about them, then a way needs to be created in order for these complaints to be voiced.

Perhaps, encourage communication between HR and workers via newsletters regarding what HR's purpose is and what rights each employee's rights are.

Discipline middle management who are not acting in the best interest of the companies long term interests and encourage exemplary managers who are serving as role models.

This is one bad company. I still make fun of it to this day.

International Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Scoular Company full-time for less than a year

Pros: Coworkers really understand the frustration of working with incompetent middle management and… Cons: The salary you will get is low in comparison to other similar companies. You'll be working with outdated systems all the time (Win2000, banking software… Advice to Senior Management: Please stop blaming your underlings for your mistakes. Get rid… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Just plain disgusting

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Scoular Company full-time for less than a year

Pros: I can't really think of much to say for the "pro" column for this company. It's worth it not to have… Cons: Salary is below average and not sufficient enough to cover the headaches that you'll have with middle management. Turn over rate is… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees with some much deserved respect. The training I received was just plain awful. You need… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Scoular Company.

Worked for Scoular Company? Contribute to the Community!